Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Best Aftermarket HU to replace OEM Nav HU

Hi All,

I have a 2005 330i ZHP with the OEM NAV (MKIV) and I was wondering what the general consensus is on an aftermarket replacement. What I'm looking for is:
    • Listen to music on my iPhone (6) via Bluetooth
    • Navigation (from the HU itself or through my phone)
    • Retain Speed Limit Chime
    • Plug and Play unit that has an easy DIY video (with NAV)

Thanks ahead of time.

Best Aftermarket HU to replace OEM Nav HU

Lots of talk on this here already. Choices are limited. Have you searched thru this sub forum.

I don't think there's a clear winner as all of them have their pros and cons. Some people like products by Avin, like the Avant 2, others like Eonon or Dynavin. You have to research them and decide for yourself.

Be aware that all of them are rumored to have a updated version coming out soon, as most of the ones out now have been on the market at least 18-24 months......

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

Quote Originally Posted by fw_fw View Post
    Be aware that all of them are rumored to have a updated version coming out soon, as most of the ones out now have been on the market at least 18-24 months......
    Really? I'm surprised given how old the E46 platform is. You wouldn't think they'd spend the money developing new/updated units.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Really? I'm surprised given how old the E46 platform is. You wouldn't think they'd spend the money developing new/updated units.
    Keep in mind that the actual electronics are used in a bunch of models across several car manufacturers. The E46 specific stuff is mostly the physical dimensions, mounts, and final wiring harness.

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

Keep in mind that the actual electronics are used in a bunch of models across several car manufacturers. The E46 specific stuff is mostly the physical dimensions, mounts, and final wiring harness.
    Fair point.

Avin be launching their Avant 3 this month.

OP, there is a long thread about the Avin Avant 2 on E46F site. Also the thread lists some known bugs so you know what to expect if you purchase one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

9. I have an iPhone 6S and I purchased the Eonon GA5150F. The phone did not integrate well with the head unit, which does not display ID3 song information from the A2DP stream. I also connected the phone to the unit via a USB cable and the unit did not recognize the phone. It's not a bad unit, but it just doesn't work well with the iPhone.

I'm making arrangements to return it, and I reinstalled the original head unit, in anticipation of the newest head units. I'll be using a Jabra FM transmitter until I buy again.

I have every intention of getting this for the ZHP. Plan is to get one for the GFs beetle turbo first. I currently have the eonon headunit and it works well/matches the interior well but I'm not a fan of the NAV

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O8B...qDL&ref=plSrch
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast