Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I have every intention of getting this for the ZHP. Plan is to get one for the GFs beetle turbo first. I currently have the eonon headunit and it works well/matches the interior well but I'm not a fan of the NAV

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O8B...qDL&ref=plSrch
    Not sure of price or what, but shot me a pm when you want to sell it.

I was screwing around today on crutchfield and it turns out that CarPlay unit doesn't work for our cars, fitment issues on the backside I suppose. Sucks.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I was screwing around today on crutchfield and it turns out that CarPlay unit doesn't work for our cars, fitment issues on the backside I suppose. Sucks.
    so NO carplay unit they carry fits our cars? or just a specific one you were looking at? there has to be one out there one would think
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    so NO carplay unit they carry fits our cars? or just a specific one you were looking at? there has to be one out there one would think
    Carplay is not the issue, physical dimensions are. No normal Double-DIN HU will fit in E46 HU location due to the AC ducting in the dash. Since all Carplay units that I'm aware of are Double-DIN, hence they won't fit into E46 BMWs without some serious fabrication to the AC ducting.

google "Double DIN BMW E46" and you will find dozens of threads and videos all over the numerous websites on the subject. This is the reason the EONON/AVIN/Dynavin type units are so popular for E46s as they are made to match the physical dimensions of our cars.

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

How depressing. I figured a double DIN would be an option for us if needed. Thanks for the info. Guess Ill keep my MKIV chugging along as long as possible.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Look at this gem that Alpine just came out with for the Golf 7 ... currently only available in Europe:

Dayum. Wouldn't it be awesome if something like this came out for the E46 / E39? Talk about state of the art! And the stock MIB II head unit in the Golf is no slouch already. My only regret owning older BMWs - lack of modern electronics/ICE.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Anyone have any details on the Avin Avant 3 that's supposedly coming out soon? I tried contacting Avin but haven't heard anything from them, and their pre-order link is pretty much useless (link: https://avinusa.com/pre-order-deposi...3-avant-3.html)

Also, has anyone heard for Erisin or their ES4046B? It looks nice, but looks are very deceiving in the ICE world.

To answer my own question, here's Avin's response:

Thanks for your interest in our AVIN units.

Unfortunately, we are completely out of stock and will not be getting anymore E46 Avant-2 units as it will be replaced by our NEW Avant-3.

We are currently developing our all new Avant-3 platform now and it will be available later this year.

Here are a few features that we can share now about the new Avant-3.

Android Auto
    Quad core CPU
    Newer Android OS version
    More RAM memory
    More Internal storage
    Onboard computer display including gas mileage range, oil temp, parking distance control radar.
    A lot better Bluetooth performance and features
    Ipod Iphone support of Lightning cable via USB
    Ipod Iphone Playlist support
    A lot better radio tuner with the best reception
    DAB+ support for Europe
    More powerful amplifier for nice clean sound
    Better Wifi performance and range
    Handsfree Voice command feature without the need for internet connection
    DSP support for the BMW E39 and E53 X5
    and many more

The Avant-3 will be worth the wait.

We have already started taking preorders for it and expect the first shipment to be sold out maybe before release. We are offering a $100 off discount from the expected sales price of $799.99 for those that preorder early.

https://avinusa.com/pre-order-deposi...3-avant-3.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast