Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Does the current Avant 2 display text when streaming via A2DP?

FWIW....the latest and greatest Dynavin, the N6, is awesome....I've had it in my zhp for about a year now and absolutely love it. It was a great improvement over the D99+. And...it integrates with iPhones beautifully.

-r

check out the new Kenwood Car Play models, resent lay released and extremely fast. They have Garman Nav units that are a lot better than app maps if you want to go in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I have every intention of getting this for the ZHP. Plan is to get one for the GFs beetle turbo first. I currently have the eonon headunit and it works well/matches the interior well but I'm not a fan of the NAV

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O8B...qDL&ref=plSrch
    Did you end up getting this unit? How is it?

Thanks-

I was very much considering this

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500ILX...c&awug=9030291

The ease of Apple Carplay seems great. Screen works just like your phone, uses maps nicely.

I have MKIV Nav and have an Airenabler hooked up which is nice but has some very annoying issues that i hate dealing with.

I just love OEM I am torn, but for now keeping it as is. Let us know what you decide to do

6. Quote Originally Posted by ETAction View Post
    I was very much considering this

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500ILX...c&awug=9030291

The ease of Apple Carplay seems great. Screen works just like your phone, uses maps nicely.

I have MKIV Nav and have an Airenabler hooked up which is nice but has some very annoying issues that i hate dealing with.

I just love OEM I am torn, but for now keeping it as is. Let us know what you decide to do
    I don't believe that'll work because the space at the lower half of the mounting area is pretty shallow. You might want to get some measurements before you buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAdventure View Post
    I don't believe that'll work because the space at the lower half of the mounting area is pretty shallow. You might want to get some measurements before you buy it.
    ^^^^ and...for that kind of money the Dynavin is an excellent choice. It's not necessarily seamless apple car play but it my Dynavin works really well with my iPhone.

-r

My next car is going to have Apple Carplay, but I feel like that maybe overrated and just a novelty...

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    My next car is going to have Apple Carplay, but I feel like that maybe overrated and just a novelty...
    I have CarPlay in my Golf R and here's my take. It works fine for what it is. But at this point, it's a wired connection only, and hooking up the phone every time you get in/out of the car is tiresome to say the least. It's great if you don't have nav otherwise as Apple Maps is nicely integrated into your big dash display and generally works quite well, if not quite up to the standard set by Google Maps, but they've closed the gap significantly.

But - the stock VW software does everything I need it to do, without using CarPlay, so I don't bother with it. The nav is excellent and utilizes the center display between tach/speedo for the turn-by-turn directions- CarPlay is not (at least currently in this car) capable of that. All my music is on SD card so utilizing iTunes library on the phone is not necessary. Stock Bluetooth is excellent. And I get album artwork with my music, which CarPlay inexplicably does not provide.

I would love to add a CarPlay-capable head unit to the ZHP however. Somebody needs to make an affordable, mechless (no CD transport) shallow-mount unit that supports CarPlay/Android Auto only, and do it at a reasonable price, and come from a reputable company with real support, not one of these flawed Ebay disasters. Doesn't exist yet - at least not at reasonable cost or without limitations (i.e. Alpine option). Seems like it would appeal to a ton of owners of many different car makes/models.

The facelifted Golf 7.5 models, just now going to production, allegedly have wireless charging & CarPlay. Apparently wireless CarPlay utilizes WiFi and doesn't compress the music stream, as Bluetooth does. Now if my VW had these capabilities, I'd be much more likely to use it more often.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

I just put a Kenwood DNX-994S into my O5, no fit issues and I love the way it works!
    If you are satisfied with phone Nav they have the DDX-9904S with out Garman Nav.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast