Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Totaled. What's it worth?

Hey guys, I know I know. This has been done before, but I just want to make sure I am not being screwed by my insurance. I actually have a attorney handling everything for free so I will not be in contact with them.
    The insurance told me previously that all PM does not add value to the car and I will not be reimbursed for it. That sounds like horse crap to me :/ Anyways, the attorney said she will see what she can do "about the ZHP package". She didn't seem to care much which kind of pissed me off. She said I can get market value for the car, and I tried to explain to her that the market value is more than the NADA value. Sorry for the rant, just pissed right now.

Car information:
    -2003 Silvergray MT sedan
    -Gray leather interior 8/10. Only because b pillars were starting to come off a little and driver seat was slightly worn
    -exterior 8/10. Although only problems were front hood fade from bra and bumper was scratched. Those parts are destroyed now so the rest looks 10/10
    -Motor 135k. All fluids changed within past year. All PM up to date.
    -all bushings were replaced before I bought it at 126k~. Fcab, motor, rcab etc
    -car needed nothing.

What do you think I should be happy with from insurance?

-Holden

I can't believe that's totaled?

Looks to me like you need a new hood as the headlight/bumper/fender look okay.

Is there frame or motor damage?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Sorry bro

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Oh no. I'm so sorry. Well speaking from experience--I spoke again to Usaa today. Should get a final payout tomorrow. Are both headlights gone and the radiator? If so, its probably totaled.

The first evaluation i received was $8200 plus tax (@$300).
    I have been arguing with them ever since. They use CCC (I believe) as their company that runs "comps". They allow $400 for the ZHP package.

They sent me 3-4 comps. All in the 8,000-8,500 range. Only one was a ZHP and was not listed as such (so seller probably didn't know ). They won't take CL or other ads and want dealer listings of the same year and geographical region. I sent them 3 comps all in the $11k range and was told that CCC said these outlier LSI couldn't be used. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and got a call a day or so later. I explained that this was by no means a collectors car, but did have quite a following and were becoming harder to find as there was a limited production of some 8000+ cars from 2003-2005 for sedans. The manager agreed that 3 comps were not "outliers" and went back to CCC. I also sent her another comp I found.

As of today they are waiting to hear back from CCC with a final evaluation.

Oh, and she did up the condition of the interior, glass, paint, etc from Good to Very Good which added another $600 to the value (@$9100 with taxes).

You should also see about buy back if you want to part it out or repair with a salvage title.
    They did ask about recent work on the car and gave some adjustments for that (like $400 worth of new tires equated to $65 increase-ha!)
    Let me know if you want me to email you the comps I have. And don't take their initial low offers. Push back and elevate.

Man ! $65 out of $400 is like 15%.

shawn, you're buying it back, right?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I can't believe that's totaled?

Looks to me like you need a new hood as the headlight/bumper/fender look okay.

Is there frame or motor damage?
    Haha! (Laughs mixed with tears) everything on the front end is messed up. At least one of the quarter panels is bent.one headlight might be ok. Engine should be fine, coolant system is destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Oh no. I'm so sorry. Well speaking from experience--I spoke again to Usaa today. Should get a final payout tomorrow. Are both headlights gone and the radiator? If so, its probably totaled.

The first evaluation i received was $8200 plus tax (@$300).
    I have been arguing with them ever since. They use CCC (I believe) as their company that runs "comps". They allow $400 for the ZHP package.

They sent me 3-4 comps. All in the 8,000-8,500 range. Only one was a ZHP and was not listed as such (so seller probably didn't know ). They won't take CL or other ads and want dealer listings of the same year and geographical region. I sent them 3 comps all in the $11k range and was told that CCC said these outlier LSI couldn't be used. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and got a call a day or so later. I explained that this was by no means a collectors car, but did have quite a following and were becoming harder to find as there was a limited production of some 8000+ cars from 2003-2005 for sedans. The manager agreed that 3 comps were not "outliers" and went back to CCC. I also sent her another comp I found.

As of today they are waiting to hear back from CCC with a final evaluation.

Oh, and she did up the condition of the interior, glass, paint, etc from Good to Very Good which added another $600 to the value (@$9100 with taxes).

You should also see about buy back if you want to part it out or repair with a salvage title.
    They did ask about recent work on the car and gave some adjustments for that (like $400 worth of new tires equated to $65 increase-ha!)
    Let me know if you want me to email you the comps I have. And don't take their initial low offers. Push back and elevate.
    I would love it if you emailed me the comps, thanks! Email:hcbeck2689@gmail.com
    I will probably end up talking to insurance myself since the attorney doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground.

I definitely plan on buying it back if the price is right. The mechanic I bought it from wants the drivetrain, and the interior should be able to make me some money back. All panels and doors are solid too. No rust on the car at all. I will definitely post a part out thread her first if it comes down to it.

Totaled. What's it worth?

Email sent.

Peter, I plan to buy it for a local guy that parts out cars. I don't have room or desire to part it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Email sent.

Peter, I plan to buy it for a local guy that parts out cars. I don't have room or desire to part it myself.
    How much are they quoting for buying it back? if you don't mind me asking...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I figured cooling system was trashed. I just can't see the damage warranting a total I guess.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast