Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    As far as I understood toe specs of a rwd car:

If you increase toe-in, this will result in reduced oversteer. If you increase toe-out,this will result in reduced understeer.

Most RWD cars have some negative toe-out from the factory but keep in mind toe-wear is what makes tires wear out quicker.
    I also noticed after I posted that my front toe is negative when I told them to toe in. I'm at least going to take it back and have it toed in.

Holden's e36 ///m project/maintenance thread

Update. Car drives fine, but has a pretty good amount of oversteer with zero toe in rear and slight toe out in front.
    I went by my Indy and asked if they would fix the toe to what I had asked. I did say that I might have accidentally said -toe in, because I was talking - camber at the same time, but still I did say toe in and not toe out. They said they would charge me another $90 to do it. I'm a little unhappy about it but whatever. I'm not paying that again. They seem to have a problem with me bc I always bring my car back if it isn't done just right. Whatever, I'll live with it.

Off to change my oil.

-Holden

sounds like it's time to find another alignment shop...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Time to try another Indy. Any other good choices around ?

It's been awhile since I have made any real contribution to the site and must admit that I went a few months without getting on at all after I got married.

Update on the car.
    I have decided to sell the m. Insurance is just too much and I just don't like it that much for a daily driver (I know...you told me so). I haven't had much luck with my CL ad though.

Also, the car has been smoking a good bit from burning oil. It consumes about 1L/500 miles so I'm not concerned with the consumption. It just is annoying since the head job is so recent (3/16) and I don't think that is the actual problem.

Anyways. I have decided to see if I can sell it and if I can't I'll keep it as a track car. After I graduate and start working I am going to be on the hunt for a nice ZHP. I have decided against my long time dream of an e46 m3, but rather a ZHP sedan build. I plan to keep it looking oem but completely overhaul suspension, brakes, diff, and supercharger. It will be a long term project for sure, but I think I will be much more happy with a FI sedan than I would a coupe m3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see you back. Congrats on the wedding and happy hunting.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

Thanks. Unfortunately I won't be hunting until late next year, but when I do I will be searching for my jewel.

I added an m3 cluster to my long list of desired mods after seeing your pic. I'm guessing that all the programming has been figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12