Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks everyone for their suggestions and info, I really appreciate it. I'm going to try to get the order in soon and do this stuff in the next week or so.

Do you guys think I should run a bottle of that Redline SI-1 fuel system cleaner thru the gas tank BEFORE changing the fuel filter? I wasn't sure if running the SI-1 after the new filter was installed would put a bunch of junk into the new filter , thus defeating the purpose.

What are your thoughts guys?

I used it when I did a lot of repairs last year, including a fuel filter. I doubt it's doing much to the fuel filter. It's meant to dissolve gunk stuff past the fuel filter, and I doubt the chemical itself will degrade the filter any appreciable amount.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I used it when I did a lot of repairs last year, including a fuel filter. I doubt it's doing much to the fuel filter. It's meant to dissolve gunk stuff past the fuel filter, and I doubt the chemical itself will degrade the filter any appreciable amount.
    That's sort of what I thought as well, but just wanted to make sure so I don't throw a new fuel filter on and ruin it by doing the SI-1 cleaner stuff.

Thanks!

Great timing for this thread. I have many of the same questions. Thanks guys!
    “In Paris they just simply opened their eyes and stared when we spoke to them in French! We never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language.” - M. Twain

2006 ZHP Vert.
    Monaco Blue
    Blue top, leather interior.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
    Thanks everyone for their suggestions and info, I really appreciate it. I'm going to try to get the order in soon and do this stuff in the next week or so.

Do you guys think I should run a bottle of that Redline SI-1 fuel system cleaner thru the gas tank BEFORE changing the fuel filter? I wasn't sure if running the SI-1 after the new filter was installed would put a bunch of junk into the new filter , thus defeating the purpose.

What are your thoughts guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Yeah, I use half a bottle every tankful (used 2 bottles the first time I got the ZHP, then 1 per tank for another two fills). I've been using the stuff in my 325 for tens of thousands of miles -- no issues.

As for the transmission, auto ZHPs have a standard GM 5L40-E -- GM's recommended Dexron VI in that transmission since about 2006. I used RedLine D6, but if you don't feel comfortable with that, D4 will do just fine. The tranny ends up taking about 6 quarts every time.

I replaced my ZHP's fluid at 65K (just after I bought it) with RedLine D6, along with the filter. 2500mi later, I replaced the fluid again. I can't feel the shifts at this point. Will do again every 30K from now on.

BTW, you should probably replace the differential fluid as well (I use RedLine 75W90), and regardless of what the literature says, the diffs take about 1.3 quarts, NOT .95.

2005 ZHP + ZPP + NAV =

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12