Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Camshaft Position Sensor

Driving around yesterday in my 03. All of a sudden, the car decides to puke a little. Hesitation, no stalling, and underpowered. Threw a code and after an uneventful drive home (seemed to have cleared after a restart), it showed a Bank 1 Camshaft Position Sensor code pending fault, with a pair of P0430/P0420 codes.

I am going to replace the pair of CPS and was wondering if people here have an opinion of part number, etc...

I have one on hand I bought I'm an attempt to solve my rough running car (that seemed to be solved by DISA repair/swap).

I plan to install it while I'm in there doing the VANOS/VCG.

Seems like the price may have fallen since I bought mine last year for @$60.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    I have one on hand I bought I'm an attempt to solve my rough running car (that seemed to be solved by DISA repair/swap).

I plan to install it while I'm in there doing the VANOS/VCG.

Seems like the price may have fallen since I bought mine last year for @$60.
    When it first happened, it felt just like when my DISA ate itself a few years ago (and 100k miles ago) and my dread of wrenching on that turned to some semblance of delight when I pulled the codes. Both CPS are original, so I guess it is time to replace. As it stands, the DISA is due, as well...

...while you're on there...
    Yeah, no kidding. Now it starts falling apart after hitting 250k last week. LOL

Hmmm. I cleared the codes, ordered new exh and intake CPS and it seems to run fine. No stumbling, hesitation, etc. since Sunday afternoon.

Maybe it new you placed an order?!
    I think it would be a little weird to think that my car has been tracking my purchases done through internet retailers.

But... The car likely saw the UPS driver drop off the package...

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    I think it would be a little weird to think that my car has been tracking my purchases done through internet retailers.

But... The car likely saw the UPS driver drop off the package...

I think ELCID discovered my preventative and repair maintenance strategy.

Things start acting up, I order parts, I make sure that my 03 is home anytime that a common carrier delivers my order. This makes proper and accurate tracking information that much more important. While I won't save money on parts, per se. But, I won't have to either spend the time installing or paying my indy for same.

Some months later, I can advertise the parts for sale, NIB!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast