Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Convertible interior swap?

Knock on wood, I may have come across a "free" NB vert interior. I'm shopping for a new car for my son (full story http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-his-first-car ), and a local dealer has a Passat we're interested in. Looked at the Passat last night, and saw an AW e46 vert on the floor as well. Took a closer look on the way out, and this is what I see http://www.mckenziemotorcars.com/200...5/Details.aspx. I talked to the owner, and he seems willing to swap me straight for my black interior, so long as I handle the labor and/or cost. So. . .I know lots of folks have done this. Any special tools or skills required? How long for a couple of guys to perform the strip and install? I'd probably hire one of the techs at my local indy to help with the work.
    04 Vert/Sapphire Black/Black/Silver Cube/MT/CWP/Xenons/HK-NAV/BMW Performance Air Intake and CF Strut Bar

That's unreal a dealer would let you do that! Can't answer your questions, but I'm intrigued all around.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

It took Charlie and I less than a full day to swap his M3's interior from grey to black.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It took Charlie and I less than a full day to swap his M3's interior from grey to black.
    Looks like you're only talking about swapping out the seats (front and rear) and the door cards. If that is correct then it should take a few hours to do. Not all that hard. What time frame are you looking to do this? I am at work so I don't have access to the information I used when I swapped out my entire interior. Anyway, if you have some time I will PM you some more information.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Looks like you're only talking about swapping out the seats (front and rear) and the door cards. If that is correct then it should take a few hours to do. Not all that hard. What time frame are you looking to do this? I am at work so I don't have access to the information I used when I swapped out my entire interior. Anyway, if you have some time I will PM you some more information.
    Correct, seats and door cards only. Won't happen until next week at the earliest, so I'd appreciate any information you have!
    04 Vert/Sapphire Black/Black/Silver Cube/MT/CWP/Xenons/HK-NAV/BMW Performance Air Intake and CF Strut Bar

Quote Originally Posted by jwalther View Post
    Correct, seats and door cards only. Won't happen until next week at the earliest, so I'd appreciate any information you have!
    That shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours, and that is really taking your time and BS'ing in the process.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.