Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Looking at the eBay link that OP posted - how is this different from the GROM units? GROM (behind-dash or in-trunk units) support BT, USB, iPod and AUX inputs.
    no idea, got a link? never heard of them before...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    no idea, got a link? never heard of them before...
    I have been using this since I bought my car with a USB stick full of MP3s without any issues. The song info embedded within the MP3 file is displayed on the business CD screen and I can use the steering controls to switch songs, folders etc. The installation was extremely simple - the GROM unit plugs into the CD changer harness in the trunk and then I ran the USB cable from the trunk unit to my dash area. Ayan also had the same unit in his ZHP.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    cool, thanks trevor... those are all trunk-mounted units. i don't have the CD changer prep in my car (which is awesome as i get a TON more trunk space!), so those units won't work for me. looks like the zemex unit is the ticket!

I have been using this since I bought my car with a USB stick full of MP3s without any issues. The song info embedded within the MP3 file is displayed on the business CD screen and I can use the steering controls to switch songs, folders etc. The installation was extremely simple - the GROM unit plugs into the CD changer harness in the trunk and then I ran the USB cable from the trunk unit to my dash area. Ayan also had the same unit in his ZHP.
    cool. but, alas... i don't have that harness...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    cool, thanks trevor... those are all trunk-mounted units. i don't have the CD changer prep in my car (which is awesome as i get a TON more trunk space!), so those units won't work for me. looks like the zemex unit is the ticket!
    You don't need to have the CD changer harness in the trunk. You can go with the GROM unit which mounts behind the HU in the dash. Here is a link:

http://gromaudio.com/store/usb_adapt...the_radio.html
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

You don't need to have the CD changer harness in the trunk. You can go with the GROM unit which mounts behind the HU in the dash. Here is a link:

http://gromaudio.com/store/usb_adapt...the_radio.html
    cool, but it's another $50 to get the bluetooth option! that's almost twice what the zemex one is (found one for $118).
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

7. Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    cool, but it's another $50 to get the bluetooth option! that's almost twice what the zemex one is (found one for $118).
    Yeah, that kind of ruins the Grom one, for me.

I had a Dice/Audiovox Mediabridge in my last car, and was glad to see it go. I left it the old car for a couple reasons - random Bluetooth streaming dropouts, noisy scrolling text (which I disabled), and its annoying habit of reconnecting the Bluetooth any time I touched the phone and wasn't playing or streaming music. Few seconds later, it'd proudly announce "Phone Linked'
    Last edited by MrAdventure; 05-13-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAdventure View Post
    Yeah, that kind of ruins it, for me. I had a Dice/Audiovox Mediabridge in my last car, and was glad to see it go. I left it the old car for a couple reasons - random Bluetooth streaming dropouts, noisy scrolling text (which I disabled), and its annoying habit of reconnecting the Bluetooth any time I touched the phone and wasn't playing or streaming music. Few seconds later, it'd proudly announce "Phone Linked'
    yeah, that's not the kind of stuff i want to be dealing with.

i just installed a blaupunkt san diego 530 in the tank. it's a double-din unit with nav, bluetooth, etc. a review i read said this: "finally, a stereo for adults." couldn't agree more, it is clean, simple, basic, and works. i don't like flashy. which is kinda why i like the idea of the zemex unit, so i can keep the stock business CD...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by MrAdventure View Post
    Yeah, that kind of ruins it, for me. I had a Dice/Audiovox Mediabridge in my last car, and was glad to see it go. I left it the old car for a couple reasons - random Bluetooth streaming dropouts, noisy scrolling text (which I disabled), and its annoying habit of reconnecting the Bluetooth any time I touched the phone and wasn't playing or streaming music. Few seconds later, it'd proudly announce "Phone Linked'
    Yeah but DICE units are known to be flaky. They are notorious for it, actually.

My Dension Gateway 300 was phenomenal - rock solid operation/stability.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Something just occurred to me with this Zemex unit i bought. Which E46 Navs have the round pins and which have the flat pins? I know there is a difference. Amazon has the flat pin connector, but looks like the one I bought is round
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast