Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Thanks for the heads up about the rebate. However the tires were still out of my budget in the factory tire size for the zhp. They end up being over $700 for a set so I jumped this time on the Hankook rebate/sale and got a new set of summers for the wife's car for $452 plus $60 to mount.
    O damn... Thats pricey, much cheaper for the Fiesta ST, but then again, they are only 215s all around.

Going to need to save up a bit longer :/

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    O damn... Thats pricey, much cheaper for the Fiesta ST, but then again, they are only 215s all around.

Going to need to save up a bit longer :/
    Don't get me wrong. I am sure they are a really great tire but for some its hard to justify the price. Currently tirerack before any rebates or shipping has a full set in factory zhp sizing at $823.50. Costco or other retailers might be cheaper.

Plus with the stagger set-up, the rear tires are going to wear alot quicker then the front and you are not able to rotate them. If I had a square set-up on the car, I would go with the pilot ss.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Don't get me wrong. I am sure they are a really great tire but for some its hard to justify the price. Currently tirerack before any rebates or shipping has a full set in factory zhp sizing at $823.50. Costco or other retailers might be cheaper.

Plus with the stagger set-up, the rear tires are going to wear alot quicker then the front and you are not able to rotate them. If I had a square set-up on the car, I would go with the pilot ss.
    to be honest, if you want the best, you shell out a bit more for it - another $200 for a set of tires when you're already spending $650 is not huge. to me anyway.

re: the square setup and tire wear - i went with a square setup for this very reason. however, i think it's a moot point as when you rotate, you'll likely get 1.5x the life of a set of rears, correct? it ends up being roughly the same cost as 1 set of fronts and 2 sets of rears. there is some hassle savings, yes - one less pair to mount and balance. i guess we'll see what i get out of my 245/35/18 PSS.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    to be honest, if you want the best, you shell out a bit more for it - another $200 for a set of tires when you're already spending $650 is not huge. to me anyway.

re: the square setup and tire wear - i went with a square setup for this very reason. however, i think it's a moot point as when you rotate, you'll likely get 1.5x the life of a set of rears, correct? it ends up being roughly the same cost as 1 set of fronts and 2 sets of rears. there is some hassle savings, yes - one less pair to mount and balance. i guess we'll see what i get out of my 245/35/18 PSS.
    That's how I felt this last go around for the Apex's...RRT quoted me a difference of like $15 per tire from the S-04's to the PSS's...going to the 17's was the bigger factor there so went for them. The car is only driven MOonceON anyway now so I figure I'll get a lot of life out of them.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Just for anybody comparing tires and looking to buy.

All top tires that are tested with great results.

Prices below for Stock ZHP Sizing from Tirerack before any discounts.

Bridgestone S04 - $652 for a full set
    Continental DW - $614.50 for a full set
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport - $823.50 for a full set
    Hankook Ventus v12 Evo 2 - $543.80 for a full set

I have tried 3 out of the 4 on that list and driven cars with the Pilot SS (non zhp cars). Mostly because I enjoy trying out different brands/tires and to see how they compare to each other.

This whole idea of only PSS or bust really needs to end IMO.

Just for anybody comparing tires and looking to buy.

All top tires that are tested with great results.

Prices below for Stock ZHP Sizing from Tirerack before any discounts.

Bridgestone S04 - $652 for a full set
    Continental DW - $614.50 for a full set
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport - $823.50 for a full set
    Hankook Ventus v12 Evo 2 - $543.80 for a full set

I have tried 3 out of the 4 on that list and driven cars with the Pilot SS (non zhp cars). Mostly because I enjoy trying out different brands/tires and to see how they compare to each other.

This whole idea of only PSS or bust really needs to end IMO.
    dude, vas.... come on... PSS or bust.

LOL. beers on me!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

LOL. beers on me!
    Duly Noted

I have Conti DW now. My next set will be Michelin. I'm undecided between PSS and AS3. My main reason is my driving style: not aggressive. Anyway, I'm many miles far from a new set.

Have not heard the greatest things about the AS3s, but that was from the BRZ forum

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Those bridgestone S04's are supposed to be really good too. I'd consider trying those next time as well based on feedback I've heard and where they're priced.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast