Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Very nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Nothing like the feel of fresh Alcantara......

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro

Had my leather dash replaced recently because of some dipshit glass installer scratched my leather dash while replacing my windshield. I even told this idiot to be careful because I have a leather dash... I swear, I just wish you could dock their pay for damages they cause due to stupidity and/or negligence. Hit them thru their paycheck and they will eventually learn to be careful when working with customer’s cars...

This was the damage the glass installer put on my OE leather dash...

I still don’t understand how someone can be that stupid and careless as to cause the damage then not even acknowledge they did this?! The glass shop who caused this (Altieri's Auto Inc at Johnstown, RI) did not even apologize for causing the damage (other than tell me they were going thru their insurance) so for those who live in Rhode Island or Massachusetts word of caution if you go thru these assclowns when getting a new windshield... The guy I talked to there acted like a complete asshat.

So this is my damaged OE leather dash after it was removed...

When I got my car back the collision center at my dealer left an unpleasant surprise... The collision center placed a several microfiber cloths over the seat covering these indentations. Pretty slimy if you ask me so they won't be doing any work on my cars going forward...

Needless to say...I was not happy to see this!! So instead of taking my car back (which I will be doing this afternoon) I dealt with restoring my passenger’s seat over the weekend...

I took my clothes steamer and applied steam/heat to the dented areas of my leather seat to work out those dents... took some time and patience but I got them worked out... then I applied lots of Leatherique to the leather.

Looks much better. I now have to get the dealer to reprogram my steering wheel module for multi-function steering wheel to get my horn to work again.

So anyway this has been a busy, and frustrating few weeks for my Speed Sled....

Took her out on an early morning drive and took these pictures using my iPhone...

It’s nice to drive my Speed Sled again...

Last edited by cakM3; 09-18-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Dang, Charlie. My car is going in for repair next Monday, and now you have me thinking I need to document the hell out of it prior to drop-off.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Dang, Charlie. My car is going in for repair next Monday, and now you have me thinking I need to document the hell out of it prior to drop-off.
    Always document when you are leaving with your car with someone! I've found a couple of fun artifacts in the past as well from dealers.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I don't understand how people can destroy someone's car and not give a shit! Does anyone have any pride in craftsmanship anymore?.
    I don't let any Ultrasound machine leave our facility unless its perfect... even the old crappy machines.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Charlie's 2008 Porsche 997 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Always document when you are leaving with your car with someone! I've found a couple of fun artifacts in the past as well from dealers.
    I had pictures taken before I dropped my car off. I always document thru pictures, but then you know that...

Great points presented though

Last edited by cakM3; 09-24-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Oh man Charlie that sucks! This is my biggest fear when taking my car anywhere. As someone who works in an industry that provides a service and not a product, I would be absolutely livid if someone did this to me and didn't even apologize. I can tell you're mad because I don't think I've ever seen you swear on the forums before lmao

Write a review for that shop and just spare anyone in the area from having to deal with them. That service is beyond unacceptable.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Charlie's 2008 Porsche 997 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Take lots of pictures from every angle before dropping your car off. Be prepaired to call people on their shit if their work does not meet your expectations.

With that said, I will be leaving work early today to address a few shortcomings from the collision shop and my service center.

EDIT: I have already contacted the collision center and my service advisor this morning and explained to them my displeasure of these unnecessary surprises...

Last edited by cakM3; 09-24-2018 at 06:47 AM.

What a shitheads! Sorry to hear that Charlie!
    Car looks even better after your work with dash and seat.
    I actually had a bad experience with Satellite auto glass. They send joker to my house instead of professional guy. He showed talking with his friend on the cell phone and jump on my car without discuss all the fails with me. Also, he told me that he is not going to repair the damage, he was going to install a new windshield. I told him to leave, call the manager on duty and said that I no longer want to deal with them.
    On the same day I realized that insurance is going to cover the hole replacement even if it's going to be done at dealership. So I made an appointment with BMW of Peobody, since they are closest, and change the windshield. My experience with them was pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast