Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Not needed with studs
    I know, I know. And I want them, just not enough to drop the coin right now. Frig...
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Way easier. A single one still has you trying to "find" the second hole to align to. With two, everything is lined up.
    That sounds so dirty...

Not needed with studs
    But with just two of these alignment studs, you don't even have to deal with the downsides of running studs permanently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    That sounds so dirty...
    Perhaps there was some double meaning there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

But with just two of these alignment studs, you don't even have to deal with the downsides of running studs permanently. Perhaps there was some double meaning there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    What are the downsides of running studs? I’m genuinely curious cause it’s something I want to do down the line...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Curious too....There are no downsides I'm aware of...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    What are the downsides of running studs? I’m genuinely curious cause it’s something I want to do down the line...

Curious too....There are no downsides I'm aware of...
    The big downside for me was the need to replace them every so often. They're too expensive for that kind of upkeep IMO.
    Also, mine rusted like crap and were really hard to remove after just a year. Though, at the time, I didn't know there were titanium ones available. Not sure if you have to replace those every couple of years as well though.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

The big downside for me was the need to replace them every so often. They're too expensive for that kind of upkeep IMO.
    Also, mine rusted like crap and were really hard to remove after just a year. Though, at the time, I didn't know there were titanium ones available. Not sure if you have to replace those every couple of years as well though.
    Gotcha. So they’re replacement rate is faster than traditional lug bolts?

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

For those who “street drive” their cars I’m sure you can run with studs installed much longer than people who take their cars on the track.

I also prefer having studs installed as they make mounting your wheels so much easier...

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro

@san the only real drawback is that you will always have rust on the exposed threads, nothing you can realistically do to prevent that. So the only way to avoid the rust issue is by going with titanium studs, which carry a price tag around $250 a set ($12 ea).

I don't have any rust on the threads, just in the allen socket hole on the end but my car rarely sees rain and never sees snow or salt
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast