Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 LastLast

You can see the difference between my factory hydraulically operated wing and my new 997 turbo Aero wing

I like the bigger wing personally . . . and yes it will be painted to match

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 12-27-2022 at 01:44 AM.

Cool.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Porsche will be selling an upgrade to the PCM 2.1 system that is currently in my 997.1 and I am very interested in this product. Installing this product provides perfect Porsche integration, adds wired Car Play and bluetooth streaming of audio from cell phone into the car's stereo.

Below is how it will look installed in the 997.1 Porsche.

Instead of retrofitting PCM 3.0 as I was originally planning to do, I decided I will be going this route for my Porsche instead. As part of installing this, the problematic Dension setup I currently have will also be removed.

I'm looking forward to getting this when it comes out and have put myself on the waiting list for when it is available for purchase sometime this Spring

I'm such a fan of how Porsche is releasing something like this to support the older platforms. You do pay $$$ for it but PCCM for 996 and 997 really integrate so seamlessly, would be amazing if something was similarly available for the E46 (I guess the Avant 4 is the closest you can get)
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    I'm such a fan of how Porsche is releasing something like this to support the older platforms. You do pay $$$ for it but PCCM for 996 and 997 really integrate so seamlessly, would be amazing if something was similarly available for the E46 (I guess the Avant 4 is the closest you can get)
    I couldn't agree more! It is a shame there's nothing like PCCM+ for BMW E46 platform. If you want something that is close regarding looking like the stock Navigation screen then the AVIN 4 is the one to get but in my opinion you want to get the absolute best AVIN 4 head unit that is available. I was very fortunate to get one and for how I use my setup, it does everything I need since I prefer having the OBD2 display up so I have other parameters that I can look at at a glance and have the WAZE app on my iPhone so for my purposes everything works perfectly in my ZHP.

I'm hoping once I have PCCM+ installed in my Porsche everything will be perfect, especially bluetooth streaming from my iPhone.

my new full carbon fiber door sills came in for my 997turbo The OE ones were scratched and dinged so it will be nice to get these on to clean up my door sills

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Charlie's 2008 Porsche 997 turbo

Got the proper tire pressure decals I will need to apply to the driver's side carbon fiber door sill once I have it mounted.

Not looking forward to having to remove the OE door sills but once they are removed and the entire door sill area is cleaned and compounded I can then apply the new carbon fiber door sill to the cleaned surface ensuring good adhesion of the 3M tape. I am planning to do this once I complete necessary maintenance on my ZHP.

My Porsche Aero Wing will be going to the paint/body shop in a few weeks once they can fit my wing in with their schedule. Looking forward to having this part painted so I can mount all the necessary hardware and wiring loom to this part before installing it on my Porsche.

Going from this look

to this look

I'm leaning on getting this next for my Porsche. I really want to get the LED Headlights and I will but since Porsche Classic are making these head units available and it is a genuine Porsche part, I would like to upgrade my aged PCM 2.1 system for something more up to date

Also, as part of installing the Porsche Classic head unit, the problematic Dension setup I currently have will also be removed.
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-12-2023 at 09:31 AM.

I got these carbon fiber door sills back in April and here it is mid June and I'm just getting started on installing these . . . the weather has not been cooperating so I decided to start working on getting these door sills installed.

The OE ones that are on were scratched up and worn so they needed to be replaced. I found a YouTube video of someone removing theirs off their turbo so I watched how they did it. My primary concern was not scratching the paint underneath the taped on door sills. I have found using a heat gun set at high and going over the door sills a few times was more than enough to heat the tape underneath so that I could use the plastic trim remover tool to pry the old door sills enough to get leverage and slowly get them off the car.

There was some 3M tape residue as you can see in the picture above so I applied some Goo Gone to allow it to soak into the 3M tape before using a plastic razor tool to slowly remove the tape residue.

It took me several passes using Goo Gone and scraping off the tape before I got all of it off without causing any damage to the paint surface underneath.

Now to mark off using painters tape where to place the decal on the carbon fiber door sill once mounted. Since these are full length they will cover where the current decals are located so I will have to remove them so that the door sills will have a good base for the tape to adhere to. I have new decals to place in the same area once the door sills are installed.

Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 LastLast