Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

New Car Search, Looking for opinions!

So here's the deal, ZHP is staying in the garage, but my lease ran up months ago on my DD, been using ZHP as my DD since my commute to work is 0.75 miles each way. I have somehow managed to slowly break my wife's will, in respect to my car buying over the years. She actually now will point out cars to me that she likes and generally has much more interest in cars then she ever had when we first met. Anyway, I have $30k budget for next car or cars, that's where I'm looking for opinions. I'm down to pretty much two options but I'm open to other ideas as well. The two options I have picked are as follows, 2010ish 335i M-sport to DD and a 2002ish Honda S2000 for top down fun ( since we live in southern Florida) also for autocross and open track days OR just spend it all on 2008 2009 M3. I don't know which way to go, and like I said I'm open to other options too.. Let me know what everyone thinks!
    Thanks!
    Kev

.75 mile commute, Wow!! Why don't you just DD the ZHP?
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

So are you looking for a new DD or are you saying you will DD the Zhp so looking for a new garage queen??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    .75 mile commute, Wow!! Why don't you just DD the ZHP?
    Well it's an entire 1.5 mile round trip haha, I enjoy trying to beat my top speed some mornings when the main road is empty, which right now stands at 98mph. I don't think I'm beating that tho. I am bring it tomorrow morning to get a Active Autowerks tune, so maybe the record may come down. I usually don't last more then a year with any car, unless I lease it. Not that I don't like them, just the whole variety is the spice of life thing. I love my ZHP, but if my wife is giving the OK on getting one or two other cars too I'm jumping on it before she changes her mind ha.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    So are you looking for a new DD or are you saying you will DD the Zhp so looking for a new garage queen??

DD the 335 or M3 and garage either both ZHP and S2000 or just garage ZHP. Or third option since my commute is only a mile and a half, just kinda drive what I feel like that day.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Get a rental from BMWNA while you think about it?
    What do you mean?

Ride your bike or walk. That distance not worth starting the car. Unless the weather is really bad

Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

If you do get a 335i get one with the N55 engine instead of the N54, i.e. 2011 or newer. N55 has not had the magnitude of problems with HPFP, turbos, and injectors the N54 has had.

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
    Ride your bike or walk. That distance not worth starting the car. Unless the weather is really bad

Yup.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast