Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Well it's about time! :-) Congrats, looks great! Whaddaya think?
    We had to buy a new lawnmower (Honda 217), and had a few large bills due, so I opted to hold off on the tire purchase for a pay period.

So far, I LOVE the wheels! I think the pictures speak for themselves. The car actually feels lighter (go figure; it lost 7.7# at each front corner, and 8.4# at each rear corner). Subjectively, acceleration feels markedly quicker, and braking feels significantly lighter. Handling feels nimbler and quicker. Road noise is MUCH less than with my aging Potenza RE040s, and wet performance is sooooo much better! . The one surprise is cornering: where the RE040s (and PS2s, AND Dunlop winters) had a solid, progressive feel to them in hard cornering, the Pilot Sports give me far less input. Breakaway comes without warning, and also comes at lower speeds than with other performance tires I've driven. Also, while transiting one particular set of railroad tracks, my front end actually 'hopped' to the left a little! I'm not sure if the tires were to blame, or if the stock suspension damping is just tuned for bricks.

Cleaning is, naturally, a dream. LOVE IT!!!! I'm tempted to ditch my 135s, which gave me new appreciation for low-dust pads...

...on the other hand, though, my dirty-grey calipers are almost embarrassing, now that they're very visible.

Terry--balance on the fronts was very good straight off the UPS truck, and my installer recommended leaving it well-enough alone. He was also a fan of the Oz SLs ("Those are good wheels."). I went with 255/35 tires to keep the speedometer behavior unchanged As for the front tires, I was amused at the right sidewall condition, as it appears the previous driver parked using the Braille method!

Great write up, I feel as if I know exactly how they feel! Sounds awesome, glad you like them. Thanks for the detail. Good to see them go from one mafioso to another. Fun seeing them on Terry's car and now pics on yours!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Glad you like them. I think they were really nice wheels and if I were to hang on to them I was ultimately planning on re-finishing them. It's not that they were bad, but I've been on this warpath to de-(insert previous owners' names)ify the car. Yes, one of those front tires sidewall seams made me chuckle..What on earth? Missing chunks. Oh boy.

Impressive weight savings!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345