Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Hawk brake pads

Hawk brake pads

I've never dealt with hawk before, only EBC with no issues. I've been talking with ECS about the BMWP bbk and swapping out the OE pads in the kit for aftermarket. They tell me they don't have any EBC pads that would work with the kit but carry hawk stuff.

Anyone with the bbk: can you shed some light on this? Does this kit use e46 style pads or the 135i pads?

Wondering how hawk is compared to EBC? I wanted to get red stuff pads as I've had good experiences with them.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

The BMWP BBK uses 135i pads.

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I've never dealt with hawk before, only EBC with no issues. I've been talking with ECS about the BMWP bbk and swapping out the OE pads in the kit for aftermarket. They tell me they don't have any EBC pads that would work with the kit but carry hawk stuff.

Anyone with the bbk: can you shed some light on this? Does this kit use e46 style pads or the 135i pads?

Wondering how hawk is compared to EBC? I wanted to get red stuff pads as I've had good experiences with them.

135i pads. I used EBC Redstuff with my BMWP calipers when I had them. Loved those pads for daily use.
    Used Hawk HP+ for track.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I guess I just don't understand why these wouldn't work:

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-13...ads/ES2070774/
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I guess I just don't understand why these wouldn't work:

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-13...ads/ES2070774/

Those would work perfectly fine...

I don't know if the calipers changed when the 135i went to N55 power, but I would imagine that the calipers are the same. When I shopped for pads, I always chose a 2008 135i, with the N54 engine, just for reference.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

ECS was apparently wrong, those EBC fit.

Mods can delete this thread, sorry for the waste of time and space haha