Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ok cool...one less special tool I need
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Good idea to do the VAC shaft while you're in there, just that much more piece of mind if you rag on the car
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    Good idea to do the VAC shaft while you're in there, just that much more piece of mind if you rag on the car
    Exactly and I run it pretty hard too.

The GSR 4 4bolt shaft is the ultimate oil pump shaft fix but probably overkill for a non track car:

Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

How much is the vac shaft? Maybe do the oil pan Baffle as well?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Shaft/sprocket is 199.95. You need a press to install it or you can send the whole pump to them and they'll do it for another $100
    baffle is $179.. It's all in their spece46 catalog
    H&R sport springs,

Bringing this shit back from the dead to see if you went through with the baffle and sprocket shaft install. I've been looking at them all morning and am trying to set aside a weekend to do this job because I did not like the sound of my engine after starving it of oil during autocross runs.

Edit: my b I see it now in your Tapatalk bio or signature or whatever shows up when I click your name. I'll try to find your build thread and dig through that.

I ended up going with the Achilles Motorsports oil pump. I liked their solution better.
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I ended up going with the Achilles Motorsports oil pump. I liked their solution better.
    Alright I read through your thread and dig around for more feedback on the baffle, but couldn't find shit for the M54 (mostly e36 guys). Did you ever do an autocross since installing the baffle?

I'm leaning towards the Achilles baffle and pump shaft as they appear to be the best options - just want to make sure that'll be enough to keep the oil at the sump during an autocross

I used the VAC baffle. I liked it because it had a couple one way “doors” in the bottom; oil can flow into the pickup tube but can’t flow out when taking sharp turns.
    Whatever solution you use, you’ll have to have it welded in place. You also need to remove the OEM baffle plate. If I remember correctly, you just grind off the aluminum rivets holding it in place.
    H&R sport springs,

Yep! That's the way the Achilles baffle works too - same design - just seems to fit a little more consistently than the VAC.

I'm just trying to find anyone that has actually tested a baffle on an M54 - VAC/Achilles/whatever

I know your project kind of snowballed right into the supercharger and you just recently got your tune right with that, so I'm guessing you still haven't had a chance to put the baffle to the test

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast