Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    So I'm probably going to buy the Conti DW. Since I just saw the ad up top, I'll purchase by clicking through this site. Any deals to be had? I probably won't buy until after the holidays...

Yeah. Let me see what I have available through Continental. Just let me know when you're going to buy.

EDIT: As of now, I see a Tire Rack ad in my inventory for Continental tires -- but no discounts on them.

OK... so, just back from Discount Tire... Looks like I can have Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport for pretty much the same as the Hankooks.... Any opinions? Dude there said he thought the Hankooks had more flex and that the Bridgestones were in the "Best" category, rather than "Better".... All opinion/comment would be helpful!

Thanks!

Imolarot/black cube
    badge/spoiler delete
    20% tint

I'm a Hankook guy. Don't know about BS's...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yeah... I know you like them Dane... you have no issue with flex? Mind you, I'm not tracking the damned thing, but I do tend to make my passengers nauseous from taking turns rather fast.. That was my only concern.

Imolarot/black cube
    badge/spoiler delete
    20% tint

I'm on a private track junkie/racer mailing list and FWIW, many of the guys there run those 760's on their street cars which include E9x BMWs. If it's just street driving and spirited canyon carving you're after, they should be fine. One of our guys, KrisL, who also has a ZHP Sedan, is working thru a set of 760s now and doesn't love them for autox. If you autox, then there are better choices.

IME, Dunlop Star Spec is the best dry handling street tire out there. I've tried several and I currently run RE-11s and wish they were Star Specs. Now, when it comes to wet weather, Bridgestone gets my vote. These RE-11s are outstanding on damp and wet roads and I have no reason to believe the 760s would be any different. On my E39 I went thru sets of S-02 and S-03s and they too were outstanding in the wet.

I really don't remember how the star specs were in the wet as I didn't really drive the car much last winter... so can't really say they weren't good.

^^
    I love my RE-11's. Makes me feel almost invincible on the auto-x course.
    Definitely improved my run times by about a second-and-a-half.

(up until a cone jumps out at me from nowhere... nasty little buggers)
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234