Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by UWISHU1 View Post
    This thread lead me to this for window failure: http://www.skene.org/bmw/window/

Anyone know of other walkthroughs with more pics? And any other input on how successful this may or may not be?
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1388

Sent from my OnePlus 2

Hold the laughter please

I watched a few oil change videos. None of them seem to address opening the oil drain plug access panel/door. So what is the proper way to open the door?

I opened it, but I'm not sure if it was the proper way. I rotated the plug, though it didn't seem to make it much easier to open.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Hold the laughter please

I watched a few oil change videos. None of them seem to address opening the oil drain plug access panel/door. So what is the proper way to open the door?

I opened it, but I'm not sure if it was the proper way. I rotated the plug, though it didn't seem to make it much easier to open.
    Most cars don't come with it and policies add it because it looks odd (and we're anal). Just loosen the bolt/screw a turn or two...

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

I'll see in another year. It probably would've been better if it wasn't there. This "screw" thing is plastic, right?

I think I see what I was missing. My panel doesn't have a screw. I think it's one of those plastic expanding rivets.

This has to be the best and most valuable DIY thread...ever.

That said - has anyone tried refilling manual transmission fluid via the shifter area as opposed to doing it while lying on the floor? ie: running a tube (after removing the shifter boot/etc.) down into the trans tunnel to the fill hole and filling it with a funnel while sitting in the cockpit.

I've done it that way on other cars but wondered if there's anything preventing this method on the E46.

edit; So I did my transmission fluid today, and the fill-through-the-shifter-hole method works quite well on this car... Just pop the shifter surround/boot/insulation and trans tunnel rubber seal, then slip a 1/2" or 5/8" tube through the hole, down to the transmission fill hole and - voila! You can fill via a funnel and hose from the comfort of the passenger seat. 😁 Better than lying on your back, pumping 100 times on one of those quart-top fluid pumps! Just be sure not to spill any because trans fluid smells nasty, and you don't want even a drop of it in your carpet.

Name:  IMG_1149.JPG
Views: 5150
Size:  111.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1150.JPG
Views: 4980
Size:  136.7 KB
    Last edited by cornercarver; 01-29-2017 at 07:52 PM.

FYI; The link for item #41 is no longer valid (as of this post.)
    -Chris

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678