Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Before considering buying a salvage/rebuilt title car first call your auto insurance company. We have Travelers and they simply will not cover it if it's not a clean title. I'm really glad I called before buying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Personally, I'd stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away.

I had a car that was flooded and not totaled by my insurance company. They tore the car apart and dried the whole thing out, but a year later everything started to fall apart and the electronics shizzed the bed.

Had a car that was t-boned, needed a whole new side. Drove great for awhile but the paint was never matched and the rear tire also wore funny. This car was professionally repaired and still had issues.

I would rather have a regular 330 over a rebuilt ZHP. Since it is your daily, you need something reliable and more predictable.

If it was going to be a track car that was going to be gutted, i'd still say stay away. Don't want something weird happened while blasting down a straight away or cornering hard.

Well in addition to the majority no, it points to the fact that it will be hard to sell if and when I would.

Salut!

As a daily yes. I search for good ones every now and again for a winter beater so I can keep my Orient one clean
    -Chris

-11.5 Jerez Black M3/4/6 (ZCP, slick top, cloth, manual seats, no nav)
    -16 GT3 GT Silver
    -02 Saleen S281 Extreme #35
    -2017 F350 Platinum

Instagram: CCOHO93

Would you buy a rebuilt ZHP with a salvaged title for a daily driver?

I would never buy one. I see something interesting on Craigslist or in a listing. The second I see that marking I'm gone. Hit the x of the window.

It would be an absolute nightmare dealing with that here in VA. It's hard enough titling regular cars and dealing with emissions and safety tests all the time. Add even more onto it for that plus not knowing really what happened ever and you have a recipe for a lot of frustration regardless of what the price is.

It sucks and I'm happy for the folks that give them a second chance but I don't have the resources to do that plus I want to be able to sell my cars if I need to and as far as I'm concerned if I buy a salvage titled car that adds more headache down the line in that realm too.

Maybe. MAYBE. If it was a track car but still. Rather just keep searching for a cheap donor that is clean.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    I would never buy one. I see something interesting on Craigslist or in a listing. The second I see that marking I'm gone. Hit the x of the window.

It would be an absolute nightmare dealing with that here in VA. It's hard enough titling regular cars and dealing with emissions and safety tests all the time. Add even more onto it for that plus not knowing really what happened ever and you have a recipe for a lot of frustration regardless of what the price is.

It sucks and I'm happy for the folks that give them a second chance but I don't have the resources to do that plus I want to be able to sell my cars if I need to and as far as I'm concerned if I buy a salvage titled car that adds more headache down the line in that realm too.

Maybe. MAYBE. If it was a track car but still. Rather just keep searching for a cheap donor that is clean.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    Yeah, pretty much that.

I bought a totaled ZHP from a former member (brewer 90). There was not much damage for them to total the car but they did. Was still very driveable and I did drive it. New hood, grill, headlight mounts, radiator support and bumper cover. Went to a salvage yard and bought parts from a ZHP car, except for the bumper cover that had too much road rash already. So bought an after market MTech II. Got the color code and my buddy painted the parts. Putting it back together now. It was a cherry car before someone backed into the nose. So many extras, 109,xxx miles. New tires etc. Doing some extra work on moldings etc. The former owner is helping, he lives across the street. Sure he will drive it too. Going to add to the stable and drive it a lot this summer. 06,330ci manual. I spent about 1k not including fees and the salvage cost was 1200. So for about 3k and our time I will have a really nice car. Have to thank YouTube also. Has been a fun project. No plans to ever sell it. Just keep it in my family.
    2006 330ci ZHP | 6 speed manual | Mystic Blue | Natural Brown | Cold Weather Package | Premium Package | Xenon Headlights

Sounds like a keeper. I remember brewer90. He used to live in ATX but we never had chance to meet up.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Sounds like a keeper. I remember brewer90. He used to live in ATX but we never had chance to meet up.
    Now he lives in California. He knows the history of the car and has wrenched on it enough to be a great help. I have some other E46 buddies that like to lend a hand. Classic or iconic, whatever. To me it is fun and better than dropping 50k plus on a new ride. Brings back that 16 year old in me that just wants to go somewhere for the pure enjoyment of driving or hang in the garage, listen to music and shine the paint.
    2006 330ci ZHP | 6 speed manual | Mystic Blue | Natural Brown | Cold Weather Package | Premium Package | Xenon Headlights

The Second Zhp is a salvage title car. Mainly an autocross first car but I do drive it to work and on trips.

Price according resell value is shit
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12