Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

heaaders and high flow cats: anybody heard of this company?

So I was researching high flow cats and came across this company in Denmark... looks intriguing but I've never heard of them... Prices are reasonable even after adding shipping to the states....

http://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-e4...roduct=SCM5254
    http://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-e4...t=SCM5254KATUR
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Schmiedmann has been around for a long time, very reputable over the years. Seen many discussions on them across the various BMW forums over the years, some great, some not so great, like most companies on the web...........

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

those look well-made, and the price is great... however, what about the cats being so far down the system? seems like a CEL would be prevalent, not to mention air/fuel mixture issues because of it.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I don't think there is any place else to put the cats in a catless header situation, is there?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I don't think there is any place else to put the cats in a catless header situation, is there?
    no, probably not... would just be nice to see them IN the headers.

i just looked through all of the pics... fitment looks really good.

hmmmm.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i just looked through all of the pics... fitment looks really good.

hmmmm.
    That's what I'm thinking... with shipping it's $755... My major hurdle with getting headers is noise. My Corsa cat back system is going to be loud as hell. Cats should quiet it down some and take the place of section 1
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That's what I'm thinking... with shipping it's $755... My major hurdle with getting headers is noise. My Corsa cat back system is going to be loud as hell. Cats should quiet it down some and take the place of section 1
    it's still going to be loud, methinks.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I found this thread on e46f. Looks like they've been around for a while... as usual you have to read through all the BS still don't see anyone that has fitted these.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=headers

Here's a guy in Europe that reviews them but still an old thread:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=761796
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    it's still going to be loud, methinks.
    Yea... I don't want to be that guy with the obnoxious loud car... I'm too old for that lol
    Don't know how to make it quiet without restricting it...
    H&R sport springs,

I really, really hate that the DME is so finicky about the position of catalytic converters in the exhaust system.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner