Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I drive way too much for work (right now, hopefully short term) to continue without one.
    It's true that if you speed and get caught you have to own up to it once you're found guilty. I don't like the speeding fines here in the province I live because once you go over 25MPH and get caught, you get penalty points that you have to pay to renew your insurance unless you surrender your license to drive for a certain amount of time to lower the points hence your final penalty bill is lessened. You also lose the ability to drive your car for 7 days because it gets impounded. You also have to pay the impound storage fees. So for me, that is just full of baloney...I'm probably being selfish here because there are people who get seriously hurt or killed because of this but same happens when going the speed limit or under the speed limit. I choose to spend $400 for an insurance against all of those fines should I ever get too crazy or not pay attention to a speed limit change. Most people here will speed 10-20MPH over the speed limit, especially on the highway. Once the speed limit goes down and you're still traveling at that same speed, it could translate into your vehicle being impounded because you're an extremely dangerous speeder. LOL

I wish we could get the safety of speed taught better at the source....(advanced) driving school!! Rather than penalize an individual who made an honest mistake, which escalates into making them hate the police more than the media portrays what police do in the negative light.

If you're already a safe driver and you have good throttle pedal discipline, a radar detector shouldn't be a necessity in your life because you know how to use your brain and more common sense than most. It is just an added layer of personal insurance to avoid that far greater cost.

If you're a speed demon and think everyone is on the road to get you so you have to speed around them all, a radar detector will only give you a false hope of "beating the system". It'll allow you to justify dangerous driving habits which will undoubtedly cause greater harm to someone else and/or yourself.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    It's true that if you speed and get caught you have to own up to it once you're found guilty. I don't like the speeding fines here in the province I live because once you go over 25MPH and get caught, you get penalty points that you have to pay to renew your insurance unless you surrender your license to drive for a certain amount of time to lower the points hence your final penalty bill is lessened. You also lose the ability to drive your car for 7 days because it gets impounded. You also have to pay the impound storage fees. So for me, that is just full of baloney...I'm probably being selfish here because there are people who get seriously hurt or killed because of this but same happens when going the speed limit or under the speed limit. I choose to spend $400 for an insurance against all of those fines should I ever get too crazy or not pay attention to a speed limit change. Most people here will speed 10-20MPH over the speed limit, especially on the highway. Once the speed limit goes down and you're still traveling at that same speed, it could translate into your vehicle being impounded because you're an extremely dangerous speeder. LOL

I wish we could get the safety of speed taught better at the source....(advanced) driving school!! Rather than penalize an individual who made an honest mistake, which escalates into making them hate the police more than the media portrays what police do in the negative light.

If you're already a safe driver and you have good throttle pedal discipline, a radar detector shouldn't be a necessity in your life because you know how to use your brain and more common sense than most. It is just an added layer of personal insurance to avoid that far greater cost.

If you're a speed demon and think everyone is on the road to get you so you have to speed around them all, a radar detector will only give you a false hope of "beating the system". It'll allow you to justify dangerous driving habits which will undoubtedly cause greater harm to someone else and/or yourself.
    All very true, Trevor. I was never a 20+ kind of guy (except the exactly 20-over laser hit of 2010, and that was only because I was running late for work). Sure, I was an idiot as a teenager; but I was also trying to seek thrills in a 168hp 1996 Volvo 850 automatic, and those days are long gone.

I go about 10 over on the highway/7 over on local roads, but like you said it's an added layer of protection. My driving for work usually puts me on rural state highways where the local LEOs are known for stopping people passing through. My personal driving just has me wanting the extra protection because, well, this car kinda' stands out.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

LOL I've been driving this car for three years and 50k miles. I've had zero issues with the popo! Knock on wood. My discipline has built up and become far better than my ZHP. I celebrated last month when I had a Prius overtake me on a small two lane rural road. It passed with a whisper and just kept making me smaller and smaller in their rear view mirror.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

A new video comparison just came up... to save time just click the comparison results in the description link. Uniden is appearing to really kick some butt against the competition for it's incredible price point.

https://youtu.be/qgOenXq95Dc
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

The R3 is on SALE for TODAY only...

https://slickdeals.net/f/11351279-un...etector-320-ac

$80 off with the 20% coupon today!

EDIT: Just FYI Uniden has requested sellers to raise the R3 price to $499 from $399 after the sale today. I think Uniden has recognized the R3 is worth far more than it is so they're using this sale as a mask to return to "higher" than previous pricing. LOL

EDIT 2: It's sold out. R3s will now be $499 MSRP from now on.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Well, that escalated quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Oh you can still get one!!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401346547122

And use coupon PSPRING20. It ends at 8PM Pacific...or 11PM EST today!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    The new firmware update is so much more configurable. Like our old phones where we can change ringtones!!

https://youtu.be/FaD_5g0o09Q
    This was a really good watch. Thanks Trevor
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456