Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Terra, is this documented anywhere? I would like to wire up my angel eyes to these pins.
    I didn't make a writeup or anything. I didn't really like angel eyes in person (despite looking pretty cool in pictures) so I got rid of them pretty quickly.

But basically if I remember correctly, I just attached the +12v to the appropriate pins (LEDs take a decent bit less power than normal bulbs, so I wasn't concerned about overloading the LCM... though I never actually did measure the current draw). Right side to pin 44, and left side to pin 45 on the LCM IIRC.

I thought BP had city lights. Chime in Botond.

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I thought BP had city lights. Chime in Botond.

S7 Edge, out
    I do, but I have mine hooked up to an angel eye harness. I like the fade in/out of the lights when I lock and unlock my car. I may still entertain wiring them up to the LCM, if I could get over that fading feature.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    I didn't make a writeup or anything. I didn't really like angel eyes in person (despite looking pretty cool in pictures) so I got rid of them pretty quickly.

But basically if I remember correctly, I just attached the +12v to the appropriate pins (LEDs take a decent bit less power than normal bulbs, so I wasn't concerned about overloading the LCM... though I never actually did measure the current draw). Right side to pin 44, and left side to pin 45 on the LCM IIRC.
    Thanks Terra. It would be pretty cool to have OEM like wiring hook-up for the angel eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I do, but I have mine hooked up to an angel eye harness. I like the fade in/out of the lights when I lock and unlock my car. I may still entertain wiring them up to the LCM, if I could get over that fading feature.
    BP, if you are using a angel eye harness you are most probably getting the fade-in/out functionality from the cabin lights. I have my angel eye harness hooked up the same way. When I unlock or lock the car I get the fade-in/out functionality from the cabin lights (harness splices into the footwell light on the passenger side). The cabin lights circuit powers the angel eyes in this case.

The other 'trigger' wire splices into a yellow/red wire in the DME box which stays 'hot' anytime the engine is running. This 'trigger' wire connects to a relay in the angel eye harness and the relay is connected directly to the 12V battery connectors in the drug bin which powers the angel eyes. I do not like this trigger wire splicing into a wire in the DME box and would like to tap into the city light pins in the LCM instead. Even if you end up doing this, you wont loose the fade-in/out feature because that would still be controlled by the cabin lights.

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Thanks Terra. It would be pretty cool to have OEM like wiring hook-up for the angel eyes.

BP, if you are using a angel eye harness you are most probably getting the fade-in/out functionality from the cabin lights. I have my angel eye harness hooked up the same way. When I unlock or lock the car I get the fade-in/out functionality from the cabin lights (harness splices into the footwell light on the passenger side). The cabin lights circuit powers the angel eyes in this case.

The other 'trigger' wire splices into a yellow/red wire in the DME box which stays 'hot' anytime the engine is running. This 'trigger' wire connects to a relay in the angel eye harness and the relay is connected directly to the 12V battery connectors in the drug bin which powers the angel eyes. I do not like this trigger wire splicing into a wire in the DME box and would like to tap into the city light pins in the LCM instead. Even if you end up doing this, you wont loose the fade-in/out feature because that would still be controlled by the cabin lights.

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread
    Yep, I know... which is why I said what I said.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12