Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Yup! They have now the A119 V2 and the A119s V2, the latter having a sensor better suited to night time driving. I'm leaning on getting either one of those, just trying to figure out which wiring option I should use.
    Isn’t there also a difference between capacitor vs. something else?

It’s something I really want (and need), but if I ever *need* the video for insurance I’m going to have to edit out the audio of me singing along full volume to T-Swift.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Isn’t there also a difference between capacitor vs. something else?

It’s something I really want (and need), but if I ever *need* the video for insurance I’m going to have to edit out the audio of me singing along full volume to T-Swift.
    I believe all Viofo models are capacitor (as compared to battery powered). I just see enough bad driving on the road that I think it's time to get some sort of precautionary measure just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    You can turn off audio recording. I have a Viofo A119C and I have turned off this feature, along with recording speed. It still records the GPS coordinates - just not the actual speed.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I believe all Viofo models are capacitor (as compared to battery powered). I just see enough bad driving on the road that I think it's time to get some sort of precautionary measure just in case.
    I couldn’t agree more. It’s so concerning how many people I see on their phones behind the wheel. I almost got sideswiped at 80mph on I-26 Friday by some dipshit drifting lanes staring at his phone.

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    You can turn off audio recording. I have a Viofo A119C and I have turned off this feature, along with recording speed. It still records the GPS coordinates - just not the actual speed.
    Nice, thanks.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I cannot find the A119C, do you have a link?

What setting do you record in? I see the newest update by Viofo is the A119 V2, which has 1440p @ 30 fps, but I feel like scaling down to 1080p @ 60 fps is a better bet, in which case the A119S V2 seems like the better choice given its supposed superior night recording clarity compared to the A119 V2.

I have recently installed a Kenwood DRV-N520 that ties into my DNX-994S receiver and I love it https://www.cartoys.com/drvn520
    The cam is so small you can't see it mounted on my windshield (behind my mirror and it uses the screen on my receiver. It has a SIM card so if I want to view on my computer or share the video I can.

I've been using the Blackvue DR650S-2Ch System paired with a Cellink Battery B to supply power to the camera during parking mode, works well. It has impact sensing, motion, event recording, GPS, a nice GUI to playback the footage, and most of all the cloud function that let's you wirelessly view footage from your phone (if you choose to hook the dashcam up to a hotspot).

While the car is running, the Cellink Battery B is charged through an ACC powered fuse. While the car is off, the Cellink Battery B stops charging and just supplies power to the dashcam.

I've had it for over a year now. They just came out with the DR750S which has an improved CMOS sensor with better night time capability and resolution.

you can find a lot of good information on blackboxmycar.com (which is where i got the cellink battery B)
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

mines still sitting in a box lol

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112