Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Hey gents... I wanted to input into this thread as well... As some of you know, I've recently started driving for Uber on occasion in my M3, and as a result, I'm installing a dash cam as soon as I'm home. I'll be installing the Blackvue DR650S-2CH as well. It isn't cheap, but the quality of the equipment and the features appear to be the best. I did a weeks worth of reading on the Dash Cam forum and most agree that the Korean manufactured cams are the best. Heat is the biggest issue, so steering clear of battery cams is wise as already mentioned.

Good luck, looking to see what others install...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

I'm sure in the future you will have some interesting stories to share regarding your Uber driving Joop!

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

For a good quality product at a decent price I think Kenwoods DRC-410 is great at $199, high quality video, upgradable memory (a must) 12v plug in option, plus a hard wire harness. Collision avoidance, lane departure can be turned off.
    http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/dashb...amera/drv-410/

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Hey gents... I wanted to input into this thread as well... As some of you know, I've recently started driving for Uber on occasion in my M3, and as a result, I'm installing a dash cam as soon as I'm home. I'll be installing the Blackvue DR650S-2CH as well. It isn't cheap, but the quality of the equipment and the features appear to be the best. I did a weeks worth of reading on the Dash Cam forum and most agree that the Korean manufactured cams are the best. Heat is the biggest issue, so steering clear of battery cams is wise as already mentioned.

Good luck, looking to see what others install...
    This is my plan when I retire in a year. Drive for Uber and possibly Lyft using the ZHP Sedan. So, keeping an eye on this thread what is the best possible dash cam. I was also told by a Uber veteran (US Marine) that customers do not like a rear facing camera....they like to maintain their privacy.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

There will always be a better camera. Tech will always improve.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    I was also told by a Uber veteran (US Marine) that customers do not like a rear facing camera....they like to maintain their privacy.
    I've seen a few videos of irate Uber passengers. Having a rear facing camera seems like a good idea from a Uber driver stand point.

The BlackVue Dash Cam is a very nice setup having the front and rear cameras but the quality of the video isn't as good as some of the $100 dash cams. Ive watched several videos comparing the quality between different camera and the BlackVue. The quality just isn't there to justify $350-400 for the dual setup.

Street Guardian SG966GC vs BlackVue DR500GW

SG996GC $270-
    http://dashcamownersaus.com.au/produ...ll-hd-gps-dvr/

Blacksys CH-100B $290-
    https://www.blackboxmycar.com/produc...ant=6312284225

Go to 11:00 for video comparison.

Take a look at the Blacksys CH-100B

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 08-14-2016 at 09:55 AM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

I've looked at everything out there and nothing satisfies my quality requirements. I'd be okay with either a super high quality 1080p 60fps camera or a 4k 30fps camera. Unfortunately the cameras that do meet those criteria don't live up to my standard for quality of video. I have a feeling that what I am looking for doesn't exist.

I will probably have to compromise a lot when I buy one.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I went with cheap and compromised a lot.

Please make sure everyone checks their local and state laws.

In MA it is illegal to record audio of people in secret. This falls under the old wire tapping laws. However, once it is disclosed it is fine. This is why I have turned off my internal audio recording.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    This is my plan when I retire in a year. Drive for Uber and possibly Lyft using the ZHP Sedan. So, keeping an eye on this thread what is the best possible dash cam. I was also told by a Uber veteran (US Marine) that customers do not like a rear facing camera....they like to maintain their privacy.
    Good luck. Unless you have a 2005 ZHP, the car is too old. That is the oldest they allow for Uber cars. Not sure about Lyft though.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I'm sure in the future you will have some interesting stories to share regarding your Uber driving Joop!
    I already do have stories... But, given the car and how clean I keep it, I've already been hired privately to drive. I made $80 one night bringing some guy and his 3 chicks to a club... The same drive through Uber would've earned me about $18.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    I've seen a few videos of irate Uber passengers. Having a rear facing camera seems like a good idea from a Uber driver stand point.

The BlackVue Dash Cam is a very nice setup having the front and rear cameras but the quality of the video isn't as good as some of the $100 dash cams. Ive watched several videos comparing the quality between different camera and the BlackVue. The quality just isn't there to justify $350-400 for the dual setup.
    As for the video privacy, I can agree. Trust me, I will divulge all info if/when I pick people up. As for my "rear" camera, I'll be purchasing the IR camera, and it'll be in the back, also facing forward. I don't much care to record what they're doing, but I want an 'in car' view, as I'd like to have it also for upcoming track days... I'm hoping to get the M3 on the track soon...

As for your info regarding the video quality, hmm... I haven't watched any videos of them as I've only been researching for the last month, and I've been on the ship the whole time. The internet out here is pretty slow, so I can't load Youtube videos... When I get home I'll be looking more. I hope the quality is good enough for me, I really like the build quality of the Blackvue. Thanks for the input though.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I've looked at everything out there and nothing satisfies my quality requirements. I'd be okay with either a super high quality 1080p 60fps camera or a 4k 30fps camera. Unfortunately the cameras that do meet those criteria don't live up to my standard for quality of video. I have a feeling that what I am looking for doesn't exist.

I will probably have to compromise a lot when I buy one.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    Why do you need/want such high quality video?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast