Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    For any seasons dashcam users, most of you probably use the default 1080p 30FPS. When does 720p 60FPS become of value? In professional video, if I want less motion blur and more fluidity, I'll use higher frame rates. I'm guessing there is more chance of capturing stuff that passes you at higher rates of speed more clearly with half the blur so if you needed a plate number you have a chance of seeing it? Just thinking aloud as I test my Aukey DR02 dashcam.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

So it's been a couple weeks since I have installed and used the Aukey Dashcam for a sale price of $57.

Things I like:
    1. The GUI is easy to access and use with a decent amount of customizable settings.
    2. The wedge shape is very inconspicuous for someone looking at the windshield from the outside or looking in through the side windows. It's hidden from the back window.
    3. It's run off capacitors to hold memory of settings which can handle a lot more in car sun heat compared to Li-Ion batteries.

Things I don't like:
    1. It could be a tad slimmer, but I don't know what's inside its super light body.
    2. A smaller mini-USB plug would be nice as it uses an extra inch from the top including needing space to unplug it so a side mount and/or micro-USB with an "L plug" would be better here.
    3. Plastic quick release plate needs "up" motion to release dashcam, using up space that could be mounted higher.

For the price I purchased this at, it's not bad of an experience at all. The picture is clear both day and night and it has the menu selectable option to capture audio as well. It'll capture 720p 60fps (7Mbps) but I feel that the extra detail of 1080p 30fps (13Mbps) is good enough as it'll capture license plates better so long as the speed delta isn't so fast it creates too much motion blur. Having 4K would be a nice addition for more plate clarity for further distances but I know that'll come down in price with time.

If you want a powered parking mode for this camera you could either wire it to constant on via car battery or find a small high-quality USB Li-Ion battery pack that works with a super low current to buffer your out of vehicle recording. The camera goes into a lower power motion detection mode so it'll start recording for a couple mins less than a second after it detects motion.

Here are a few video clips that I just trimmed or stitched together in Quicktime without changing the bitrate or quality:

A time where a truck crossed the center line.

A night time clip when a truck tried to change lanes into me on the interstate.

An attack of a cardboard box on the interstate. (no bumpers were harmed thanks to thick bouncy XPEL Ultimate wrap.)

And some shameless playing with a 400+HP Camaro...LOL (pride could have been harmed on the Camaro's side but it's no fun to post video with everyone behind. :P)

I didn't/won't post these to YouTube since I have in car music on and there'll probably be multiple copyright infractions because of that. Hopefully, this gives a representation of what dashcams can do. If you want, download the actual file so you get a better understanding of what it's like at 100% of the unit's quality.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    So it's been a couple weeks since I have installed and used the Aukey Dashcam for a sale price of $57.

Things I like:
    1. The GUI is easy to access and use with a decent amount of customizable settings.
    2. The wedge shape is very inconspicuous for someone looking at the windshield from the outside or looking in through the side windows. It's hidden from the back window.
    3. It's run off capacitors to hold memory of settings which can handle a lot more in car sun heat compared to Li-Ion batteries.

Things I don't like:
    1. It could be a tad slimmer, but I don't know what's inside its super light body.
    2. A smaller mini-USB plug would be nice as it uses an extra inch from the top including needing space to unplug it so a side mount and/or micro-USB with an "L plug" would be better here.
    3. Plastic quick release plate needs "up" motion to release dashcam, using up space that could be mounted higher.

For the price I purchased this at, it's not bad of an experience at all. The picture is clear both day and night and it has the menu selectable option to capture audio as well. It'll capture 720p 60fps (7Mbps) but I feel that the extra detail of 1080p 30fps (13Mbps) is good enough as it'll capture license plates better so long as the speed delta isn't so fast it creates too much motion blur. Having 4K would be a nice addition for more plate clarity for further distances but I know that'll come down in price with time.

If you want a powered parking mode for this camera you could either wire it to constant on via car battery or find a small high-quality USB Li-Ion battery pack that works with a super low current to buffer your out of vehicle recording. The camera goes into a lower power motion detection mode so it'll start recording for a couple mins less than a second after it detects motion.

Here are a few video clips that I just trimmed or stitched together in Quicktime without changing the bitrate or quality:

An attack of a cardboard box on the interstate. (no bumpers were harmed thanks to thick bouncy XPEL Ultimate wrap.)

And some shameless playing with a 400+HP Camaro...LOL (pride could have been harmed on the Camaro's side but it's no fun to post video with everyone behind. :P)

I didn't/won't post these to YouTube since I have in car music on and there'll probably be multiple copyright infractions because of that. Hopefully, this gives a representation of what dashcams can do. If you want, download the actual file so you get a better understanding of what it's like at 100% of the unit's quality.
    Thanks for the review Trevor!

Seems like the video quality is pretty good for the price. I am considering it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Dash cams - who has them, what do you think of them?

There is a sale for Anker's product, Roav with a product code for similar price. I reckon picture quality is similar as they use the same Sony sensor.

https://dealnews.com/Anker-Roav-1080...g/2041781.html

It has an extra feature of Wifi viewing/transferring with your mobile phone rather than just microSD to SD adapter to your computer.

BTW here are exterior and interior shots. I used a polarizing filter to remove glare so keep it as real as what our eye sees:

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Things I like:

Things I don't like:

Nice Review.

For Parking mode you can use something like a power magic pro or multisafer.

https://www.blackvue.com/power-magic-pro/

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/pages/...ower-magic-pro

That would drive me nuts! I'm to OCD to go that route.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Bump.

I have the newest version of the blackvue 750s or something. I forgot lol I haven't installed them yet though. Got the 2ch version. May try to install them soon. If not lazy lol

^ nice help to the thread there.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

^ nice help to the thread there.
    Well I did respond to the thread title lol ok for the other half of the question. It looks cool lol

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast