Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Well I did respond to the thread title lol ok for the other half of the question. It looks cool lol
    I’d like to know your opinion once you get it rolling. A 2 channel system is very appealing to me.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I’d like to know your opinion once you get it rolling. A 2 channel system is very appealing to me.
    Yeah I was waiting for this update. Now both the front and rear cameras are 1080p. And they upgraded to the Starvis Sony sensors which perform better in low light. I don't know if you have any experience with those sensors, but I have them in a couple of my security cameras and is like a huge upgrade at night.

I just haven't been home long enough to actually do the install.

No worries. We’ll be patient. Anytime 2017 or 2018 is great.

-Love from Canada.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

For those of you that have dash cams, how did you wire them? To a switched power source, or use something like this fuse kit so it is always "on" but cuts power when the car's battery's voltage drops to a certain level:

https://www.amazon.com/Hardwire-Inst...fuse+connector

Dash cams - who has them, what do you think of them?

Mine’s wired to glove box aux power. I made sure my dashcam is capacitor powered and not battery powered. Summer heat would play havoc on a Li-ion battery in the sun in the hottest area of your car. I can have the option to mount a battery to power the dashcam separate where is low in the cabin away from sun. I’m not sure how auto cutoffs from main car battery work. I’ve heard some are bad quality and drain the battery just themselves which isn’t a good thing.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

I use a battery-powered GoPro which I take with me when I leave the car. I wouldn't recommend leaving a dashcam (or anything else for that matter) in the car because it's a temptation for thieves.

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Mine’s wired to glove box aux power. I made sure my dashcam is capacitor powered and not battery powered. Summer heat would play havoc on a Li-ion battery in the sun in the hottest area of your car. I can have the option to mount a battery to power the dashcam separate where is low in the cabin away from sun. I’m not sure how auto cutoffs from main car battery work. I’ve heard some are bad quality and drain the battery just themselves which isn’t a good thing.
    Yeah, I am leaning switched power just for the sake of not over-draining my battery. The downside is then that most dash cams that have motion-sensing while the car is parked and off is rendered useless, no?

Which one do you use, the VIOFO A118 or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    I use a battery-powered GoPro which I take with me when I leave the car. I wouldn't recommend leaving a dashcam (or anything else for that matter) in the car because it's a temptation for thieves.
    Yeah, I'm planning on having something inconspicuous at best, or removable that I can toss in the glovebox if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Interesting. I do like the hidden-ness of it.

I do enjoy a foreign website that gives bizarre specs like that it's made in "China mainland", it's function is "Night vision strengthen", or "amblyopia class" night vision (I really don't understand that last one).

William I think the A119 is supposed to be better for a very small incremental cost. Different sensor perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    William I think the A119 is supposed to be better for a very small incremental cost. Different sensor perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup! They have now the A119 V2 and the A119s V2, the latter having a sensor better suited to night time driving. I'm leaning on getting either one of those, just trying to figure out which wiring option I should use.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast