Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    I can't use both. I already contacted G.A.S. about it previously and they said one system had to be defeated.

I personally like the design and enginerding of the G.A.S. system. I'd much rather keep it as expensive engine bay bling.

That said, I'm going to defeat the M56 CCV and use it as a standard aluminum valve cover...Plus this:

A brushed aluminum look should be nice, at least in my head, without being too over the top like a full polish. I like the industrial look.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

If you're going to brush that, I'd like to see the finished product... the only thing that has stopped me form getting that valve cover it's not very pretty...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    If you're going to brush that, I'd like to see the finished product... the only thing that has stopped me form getting that valve cover it's not very pretty...
    Truth! There's really no hiding its uglyness if you want to use a strut tower bar too. The M56 beauty cover is a monster that will fit under no bars that I've found. Whatevs. I don't go to meets and open my hood for all the shawties to see my billet dipstick.

Nice short throw dipstick brah.
    I'm thinking a nice little carbon fiber/kevlar cover for the coils and the injectors should be enough to clean up the wires.

Anyway, heard some creaking noises from the rear passenger side today on the way home. Gotta keep an ear out for that again, or I could just go ahead replace the shocks at least which I know have to be bad with almost 200k on them. I probably should do an OEM refresh first so I can have a baseline of how this car performed from the factory before I start throwing random aftermarket and performance parts at it.
    -Corey

DeathTrap's Blue ZHP Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    I probably should do an OEM refresh first so I can have a baseline of how this car performed from the factory before I start throwing random aftermarket and performance parts at it.
    That would be a good idea. When I got my car with only 44k on it, it was the best handling car I had driven to that point.
    It’s a fine line between enhanced handling and annoying
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Did brakes this past weekend. Picture vomit warning.
    Brakes pads and rotors are from BrakeYourSelf.com. Decided to give him a shot. I got a pretty good deal at the time. Unknown brand rotors and pads, but we'll see what they can do once they fully break in. My shocks can be compressed by lightly pushing up on them. I plan to fully refresh my suspension next year including all bushings.

I didn't install the braided lines because I didn't want to go through the process of bleeding. I'm guessing everyone here uses a power bleeder? Should I do the 2 man method or is the power bleeder *really* worth it??
    -Corey

Power bleeder is definitely worth it IMO. Especially if you plan in doing your scheduled brake fluid flushes yourself... Plus , don't have to yell "press, release" a hundred times to the person pushing on the pedal
    H&R sport springs,

Hindsight...probably should've washed the wheel wells. I usually do, but slipped my mind this time.

Some more pics:

Look at the lip on that brake rotor!

Here's a pic of the undercarriage a few weeks after the oil pan gasket job.

I also reflashed my DME to the most recent SW.The most satisfying message:

Used a cheapie "20A" eBay charger. Worked good enuff:

His and hers:

Also crossed 190k!!

Cyber Friday shopping netted me one of these:
    -Corey

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    Hindsight...probably should've washed the wheel wells. I usually do, but slipped my mind this time.

Some more pics:

Look at the lip on that brake rotor!

Here's a pic of the undercarriage a few weeks after the oil pan gasket job.

I also reflashed my DME to the most recent SW.The most satisfying message:

Used a cheapie "20A" eBay charger. Worked good enuff:

His and hers:

Also crossed 190k!!

Cyber Friday shopping netted me one of these:
    Very nice

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks Boss.

More werk:

Took the McD sweet tea out of the brake lines

Also took this out:

And these...oh wait, those are important:

They were replaced:

-Corey

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast