Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I'm kind of conflicted right now...there is a Japanrot wagon I'm interested in that's fairly local.

I won't be able to use my dad's car for too much longer, so I'll need a temporary daily.

I already have most of the parts for a ZHP conversion.

This car is suffering from rust and a pretty extensive accident history.

In theory, I could gut all the juicy bits from the sedan, scrap it, and transfer it to the wagon depending on how nice the wagon is and what I can haggle down to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Oh right I remember how much trouble you were having getting it aligned. Honestly the transplant might be the best bet.

Paint that wagon estoril tho

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post

In theory, I could gut all the juicy bits from the sedan, scrap it, and transfer it to the wagon depending on how nice the wagon is and what I can haggle down to.
    k
    Sounds like making lemonade from lemons, that's what I would do consider the rust and accident history.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

I have way too much invested in the game to just give up now. I'm pretty sure my maintenance record book is about an inch thick. Almost every mechanical part has been replaced under my ownership, so it really makes the most sense in my head to transfer everything to a nice body. This was a great first BMW experience for me, as it showed me how neglected these cars can get. It also showed me the reward (and wallet draining) of fixing the small things like shocks that are old but not dead and worn out suspension bushings and oil leaks...all of the oil leaks. I have literally watched this car grow from being a POS, to a fairly competent daily. Minus this little mishap, the car was reliable. Now I get to try again, this time with more knowledge and experience under my belt and hopefully with a clean sheet this time...with more cargo space.

-Corey

Also, look at the piston number 1 exhaust valve relief. That is definitely a dent from a tappy tap. It makes me feel a little better knowing that a single valve didn't just randomly drop, and reinforces the original suspected cause of failure which was the VANOS bolts that came loose on the intake cam.

-Corey

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    I'm kind of conflicted right now...there is a Japanrot wagon I'm interested in that's fairly local.

I won't be able to use my dad's car for too much longer, so I'll need a temporary daily.

I already have most of the parts for a ZHP conversion.

Do this. Love Japanrot.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    - 2005 Titanium Silver 330i ZHP 6spd -

You will literally take everything from under the ZHP (except the fuel tank, lines and brake lines) and transfer it to the wag, all of your previous ZHP maintenance will be put to good use.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

The teardown has begun.

-Corey

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast