Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I'll check it out and give a review.

Alignment was done last week, I have a bent LCA and a few more questionable things that need to be checked. I plan on doing a full suspension refresh and upgrade next year so I'm not too worried about it. The current LCA will be replaced with a stock part. The numbers are in this thread:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ation&p=497150

I need to make a maintenance spreadsheet. I have feeling the first years are going to be the worst lol. Made my first ECS Tuning purchase:
    Everything should be here soon. I'll need a few torx (external and internal) bits for sure, but I don't think this is a bad start at all!
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    I need to make a maintenance spreadsheet. I have feeling the first years are going to be the worst lol.
    If you need a decent template, you can use mine which I think is pretty decent:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...yeNZkj5rI/copy

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    If you need a decent template, you can use mine which I think is pretty decent:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...yeNZkj5rI/copy
    That's damn nice. You put some work into it! I shall use it, it is much appreciated.

Zee items:

Sent using VTEC, yo
    -Corey

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Looks like a leak. I tried to clean everything. I know it's not as good as Larry (Ammo NYC) but it works.

Now my oil light flickers at idle. That's another can of worms to deal with.
    *takes deep breath and dives in*

Sent using VTEC, yo
    -Corey

And forgot this one. The whole process was not bad at all. I found out the cabin filter is non-existent and the alternator has been replaced at one point with an aftermarket. Probably Duralast/AutoZone.

As far as my red oil light flicker, here are some observations:
    Only does it when oil is hot.
    Flickers at idle sporadically if left alone, or with a quick throttle blip.
    The idle doesn't feel as smooth as it should, like there is a bit of a miss going on.
    There is some hesitation when the throttle is blipped.
    I have a P2240 code.
    There is a rattle when the engine is started and when turned off. VANOS?
    I have the stumble at 2800 rpm. DME update?

I'm letting the car sit, to check for leaks then I'll do an oil change and report back.

Sent using VTEC, yo
    -Corey

Installed DISA Kit. The stock one was in very good condition surprisingly.
    Installed GAS 1.2 Bar Cap. Coolant temps have not gone above 205 F in the hottest of Atlanta weather and traffic.
    Purchased VANOS Seal Kit

No more oil light flicker after the oil change and a few hundred miles of driving.

For the P2240 SES.
    The STFT on bank 2 is -0.78%
    The LTFT is -3.91%
    Bank 1 is -2.34% for both. I do want to replace the O2 sensor(s), but are there any other conditions that would cause these numbers?
    -Corey

Nice!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I haven't updated this thread in while.

I finished my cooling system refresh today with the Stewart WP "upgrade". It is a nice piece, but I don't think it will be functionally any better than the stock pump.

NSK Bearing!!!

At 145k+, the OEM WP still looked and felt great from the impeller side. The pulley side was corroded to hell.

The expansion tank and the top radiator hose had previously been replaced, but I could not put a date or mileage on it so I didn't take any chances. The expansion tank from FCPEuro is definitely OEM...I mean why else would there be a scratched off BMW logo?

Also refreshed my belts and pulleys as they were starting to become noisy. The tensioner was replaced since I was in there. The plastic OEM pulley is solid...I don't know why people complain so much about it.

During the process, I found that my exhaust cam position sensor was not bolted down(!?). I grabbed a bolt from my Honda bolt stash and quickly rectified the situation. (No Pics)

Green coolant was in the system...ewwwww. That was replaced with good ole OEM stuff.

And done! I need to go ahead an re-sleeve those wires by the oil filter housing and solenoid. It's starting to make me uncomfortable. I do feel confident that cooling parts should last 200k+ miles, especially with the reduced pressure from the GAS cap. If not...lifetime warranty will cover it.

Next on the list:

And probably an M56 valve cover swap. My oil is disappearing by the quart.
    -Corey

Nice werk.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast