Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I'm reading it when hot, cold, sexually aroused, everything.
    Well shit, you have me convinced I'm doing it wrong now. I should try that next time.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

That escalated quickly...

I did this in between light rain. Everything started off fine, unscrewing easily.
    Me: Great! this will take 10 minutes, tops.
    Car: O RLy??
    Apparently this rubber gasket got caught in the threads making it a pain in the ass to unscrew by hand. I got a little creative.

Pic of spring and said rubber gasket:

Not much of a difference for cold start rattle, maybe a little bit more quiet? Meh. The biggest benefit is getting rid of that gasket and replacing it with a crush washer.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

First attempt at trying to update the DME failed gloriously...but I didn't brick it so I can live to fight again...next weekend.

Just for giggles, I've spent about $3400 in parts, not including tires, so far. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Once I do the suspension and body work, she will be sorted.

The largest costs were replacing all the window regulators and the GAS CCV system. I'm sure I could've cheaped out, but that really isn't a good feeling for me.
    Last edited by DeathTrap; 11-04-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    -Corey

Yup, no need to cheap out if you don't need to

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Got this puppy during one of the eBay sales!

The M56 CCV seems to work well, unfortunately, I will have to delete it because of the GAS CCV system.

I'll get to the wheels, eventually...
    -Corey

Problem #1. I am going to contact GAS to see if I can get another one of these machined down to the ID of the M56.
    -Corey

Wait why are you changing to the M56 valve cover with the GAS ccv kit?

For even moar CCVness!!

But seriously, I prefer the aluminum valve cover over the plastic one. It goes with my goal of making the car bulletproof. Even if I don't keep her forever, I hope the next owner will appreciate it.

Plus, my old valve cover is chipped in some places and needs to be replaced anyway. It would be nice if I can get this to work though.
    -Corey

Why not take it to a local machine shop and have it turned down? That would only take a few minutes on a lathe...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    For even moar CCVness!!

But seriously, I prefer the aluminum valve cover over the plastic one. It goes with my goal of making the car bulletproof. Even if I don't keep her forever, I hope the next owner will appreciate it.

Plus, my old valve cover is chipped in some places and needs to be replaced anyway. It would be nice if I can get this to work though.
    I mean if you're already going with an M56 valve cover then you'd probably be better off cleaning out the CCV on the M56 cover and selling the G.A.S. kit. Really no reason to have both.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast