Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I went to Vegas and all I got was tagged with a lugnut

Driving to the airport a lugnut got thrown up at my car and tagged the roof. Yea, why take the car to the airport? The Tahoe refused to start. I at least broke even on the gambling.

Each scratch has a little dent. Anyone know how much this is going to cost me? I have comprehensive coverage from Geico with a $500 deductible. But I want to know if it is worth making a claim.

That sucks! Not sure how much but I would think it would be fairly close to your deductible.

Fwiw, I dropped my deductible to $50 and it only raised my premium $70/year. I have awesome car insurance only available in Jersey, but it might be worth looking into the lower deductible with Geico if they offer it.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I would give Dr. Colorchip a try. Nothing to lose.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I hope everything works out for you

Sent using alien technology and Tapatalk
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Like the others are saying, you can touch up the scratches but if there's dents, a bodyshop will be the only ones that can get that out.

I'm with Eli. Touch up should take care of that -- unless there are dents.

lil bondo and a squeegee and some Imola paint should fix that... As small as they are I wouldn't bother with popping them unless they have easy access with a PDR guy.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

There are dents and I want to get them fixed because they are right next to the driver's side door on the roof. Having to look at them every time I get in sucks.

Damn bro...that is a horrible spot. I wonder if one of those paintless dent removal guys could pop them if you pulled headliner?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

^^^From what it looks like, paintless dent removal is possible. Removing the headliner takes a bit a time though, you have to pull the a, b, and c pillars first. I'm not sure exactly where the dents are, but you might be able to just pull the a & b pillars, and the headliner will sag. Don't pull on the headliner if it's sagging down, you risk bending it and causing a permanent crease. The PDR guy might pull your headliner for you, but that could incur additional charges (and risk having someone who doesn't know how to, do it). Dents are usually $50-$80 to pull (really they push and roll).

IMO, a body shop is going to be your easiest way. I don't see that being more than $250. They look to be shallow and small dents. Small filler job, a little primer, and enough red to cover and blend. Getting quotes before you make a claim is your best bet, and tell them you're paying not the insurance.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast