Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ESS twin screw versus ESS vortech

I have decided I want to go the FI route with my daily driven e46 330ci 5 speed and I was really thinking bout the twin screw setup from ESS but when I called they said tht they are switching to whipple chargers as the other went out of business, not to mention they are still awaiting on injectors and soonest its looking that they will have setups to start shipping is in sept. Well I'm not wanting to wait so they offered me their vortech setup at a discounted price and while that's good I don't know how it would compare to the twin screw setup.

They both seem relatively easy to install I have plenty of skill turning wrenches been a tech for 30+ years but I come from muscle cars this is my first bmw. An while I do love the car and its fun to drive I think a lil more ommmph is in order.

This will be my daily driver and I am just wanting some more power when I want to play a lil

Has anyone tried both or driven both a twin screw and a vortech and their thoughts on both. I mean I know with the vortech, first thing its already over a grand cheaper and with the discount its even moreso. I have heard its an easyier and quicker install as well. But how are they powerwise an such

Thanks

That's odd, Lysholm has not gone out of business, they were bought by Vortech and continue to offer their twin screw blowers

http://www.lysholm.us/

You should compare the dyno sheets. I think the twin screw will deliver torque earlier in the RPM, which is really great for daily driving. I love mine.

Here's my before and after dyno:

Ebay headers, magnaflow 16533 cat-back, bmw performance intake

The only difference between the before/after dyno other than the TS2 kit is that I had turner underdrive pulleys on for the NA dyno. I removed them when I installed the TS2 kit dyno per ESS' recommendation, but have since reinstalled them after I did this dyno and what a nice difference! They are staying on and I'll do another dyno soon to see what the actual gains are.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

so the end of ts1 ts2 kit ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

no I talked with Hannah tpoday for a bit and maybe she meant tht since lyshom was bought out they coudnt get a good deal on the blowers so they are switching to whipple which shouldn't be bad at all their great as well.

I think ill keep looking for a 2nd hand unit or something

Wait for ESS twinscrew. It's 100% worth it.
    Last edited by D1ESEL; 07-05-2016 at 11:27 AM.
    -Chris

-11.5 Jerez Black M3/4/6 (ZCP, slick top, cloth, manual seats, no nav)
    -16 GT3 GT Silver
    -02 Saleen S281 Extreme #35
    -2017 F350 Platinum

Instagram: CCOHO93

What was the end result if Jeremiah's turbo kit testing? That thread escaped me months ago....

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    What was the end result if Jeremiah's turbo kit testing? That thread escaped me months ago....

S7 Edge, out
    I thought his kit was the ~$4000 option they currently have for sale...

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I didn't know there was any one here actively installing a turbo kit....
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

J's kit is a supercharger.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

oh, ok
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast