Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the info...

So just to clarify; when you say 'if your car is lowered, go with the Bilstein Sport' you mean if it's lowered more than a stock ZHP? I assume I should be looking at the Bilstein HD for a ZHP w/ OE springs. It seems Bimmerworld has a better price than Bavauto.

Those Rogue Engineering upper strut mounts look good. Only $100, and I'd have to buy two of the OE replacements at $50+ each anyway... Plus they come with all the necessary hardware.

Is there any truth to the comment about Bilstein HD's raising the car? I don't see why they would. After all - it's a shock, not a spring.

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Is there any truth to the comment about Bilstein HD's raising the car? I don't see why they would. After all - it's a shock, not a spring.
    When first installed: yes, Bilstein HDs are so tight they will raise the car a bit, but it comes back to normal with 500-1000 miles once they loosen up.....

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

Thanks for the info...

So just to clarify; when you say 'if your car is lowered, go with the Bilstein Sport' you mean if it's lowered more than a stock ZHP? I assume I should be looking at the Bilstein HD for a ZHP w/ OE springs. It seems Bimmerworld has a better price than Bavauto.

Those Rogue Engineering upper strut mounts look good. Only $100, and I'd have to buy two of the OE replacements at $50+ each anyway... Plus they come with all the necessary hardware.

Correct.

Imo go with the bilstein HD shocks and Rouge shock mounts. They come with the hardware and gaskets too.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

FWIW I have installed Koni Sports on the ZHP and previously installed Bilstein Sport equivalent on our A4 Avant 3.0 Sport. My opinion is that the Bilsteins out of the box offer a stiffer ride and if I was pushing the car hard all the time would be my choice. The Koni's set at 3/4 turn harder from soft offer great road obstacles and bump compliance but still offer a very controlled feel when pushing hard. For a non coil over solution the Konis would be my choice. Especially as they are adjustable where the Bilsteins are not.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

How hard do you drive the car? I think that Koni FSD's are magical for a DD.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    How hard do you drive the car? I think that Koni FSD's are magical for a DD.
    It's my DD, and I'm a pretty hard-core enthusiast (I raced locally with COMSCC for 6 years) but the roads around here SUCK, so honestly I think I may end up going with the OE Sachs shock (I'm fine with this car's handling as-is...it's actually quite good for a non-race car) or the Bilstein B4. I'm on a budget and can't see spending $100+ per shock when I'm not really going to have much opportunity to drive the car that aggressively except on maybe a monthly occasion. There are a number of other things that need attention, like the shift linkage and some rust, so I need to be frugal.
    Last edited by cornercarver; 01-05-2017 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

If the roads suck, I'd go with an OEM equivalent or something like a Koni adjustable, trust me, I was from Jersey.
    Besides, you said it yourself (and I agree) "I'm fine with this cars's handling as-is...it's actually quite good for a non-race car"
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

It seems Bimmerworld has a better price than Bavauto.
    BavAuto's prices can almost always be beaten - that catalog ain't free! Supposedly they will price-match, so if their location helps you, be sure to ask for the better pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    If the roads suck, I'd go with an OEM equivalent or something like a Koni adjustable, trust me, I was from Jersey.
    Besides, you said it yourself (and I agree) "I'm fine with this cars's handling as-is...it's actually quite good for a non-race car"
    LOL - oops - did I type that? (Fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    BavAuto's prices can almost always be beaten - that catalog ain't free! Supposedly they will price-match, so if their location helps you, be sure to ask for the better pricing.
    I'm willing to give Bimmerworld a shot. I honestly don't like the way the bavauto site works, and I don't think they have the Rogue Engineering mounts which, by the way, look very similar to the M3 mounts (if I'm not mistaken?)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast