Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Looking forward to moar build! And some post-race recaps when the time comes!

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    I'll be watching this build.
    +1

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

The lack of an LSD is a huge disadvantage for STX. It's been a while since I've looked at rules but without the LSD, would it be legal for ST?

There are guys (such as Terry Fair @ Vorshlag) prepping the new 412-hp Mustang GT for STX. They are 2 seconds behind the RX-8s (Houston Tour) at this point but I think when he figures out the right setup, they might be one of the dominating cars.

LSD

Please forgive my ignorance as my ZHP is a bit different from most, therefore I must pose this question to bcleaver and also the veterans here. Was a Limited Slip Differential an option for the ZHP or ZSP 330i from the factory? For your sake I sure hope it was as that I imagine would certainly give you a leg-up...

-Terry

As far as I know, the LSD was never an option on a non-M3 3 series E46 BMW. I think that goes all the way back to 96 actually. It is standard of course on the M3.

The E30s were available with LSD and actually came standard in the 325is. It was an option in the earlier E36s (92-94, possibly 95).

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance as my ZHP is a bit different from most, therefore I must pose this question to bcleaver and also the veterans here. Was a Limited Slip Differential an option for the ZHP or ZSP 330i from the factory? For your sake I sure hope it was as that I imagine would certainly give you a leg-up...

-Terry
    No lsd's for non M's

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

-Terry
    Unfortunately, it was not an option.

bcleaver probably already knows all this, but I just looked in the rule book and adding an LSD in STX is allowed. The car is legal for ST but is limited to a 225mm tire. That probably wouldn't work out too well. STX allows a 265mm tire.

bcleaver - do you plan to swap in an LSD eventually?

I'm looking forward to seeing how well it goes for you!

If the main focus is STX, I'm guessing the M3 rear (subframe, diff, etc) with its 3.62 final drive would be the best option.

Do you think that they would allow you to go to a higher gear set? I would be surprised if SCCA would allow this. Twould be great if they did, Eli.. That means you'd have to go enter your car in STX asap If they did allow gear sets to be changed I think you can still get a hold of some old rally gearsets... (ie, above 4.75...).

-Terry

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast