Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Wouldn't the new Steering Rack (I assume you're going to throw a Z3 Rack in), Bump you into SM Class?

And completely 100% Agreed on the statement ///Ms get screwed over in SCCA Rulings. M3s have to go against boosted AWD Evos and WRXs. My M can only be placed in AS or BSP...which both require R-Compound Tires to run competitively. It "Should" be in a STR class but SCCA didn't want that.

Hopefully soon (aka next season) Ms and other cars get a new class in ST.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Do you think that they would allow you to go to a higher gear set? I would be surprised if SCCA would allow this. Twould be great if they did, Eli.. That means you'd have to go enter your car in STX asap If they did allow gear sets to be changed I think you can still get a hold of some old rally gearsets... (ie, above 4.75...).

-Terry
    It was my understanding that you could have any final drive ratio in STX. Then again, I'm not an expert on SCCA rules.

I'll recap what I know. Some of this has already been said, but it will save some folks time that are jumping in late:

The 330 could run in ST with the open diff, but it would get crushed by the civic si. Too heavy and the tire restriction would kill it.

There was not a factory option for LSD on the 330, however it is allowed under stx rules. The final drive can't change, so I'm stuck with the 3.07. I will be getting a diff from Jim Blanton at performance gearing.

The steering rack being faster I refered to is the 330 zhp vs the regular 330. I won't be running a z3 rack or anything like that.

Below is my mod list in preparation. There are some things I'm sure I don't have on here, but these are the big ones off the top of my head:

Running in stx. 2003 330
    Phase 1 mod list:
    bushings (lots of these: front control arm, diff, subframe, tranny, rtrab, etc)
    Wheels/tires: star specs 265's on 17x9 et42
    fender roll (see above)
    coilovers: still figuring it out, probably ast's
    camber plates
    shock mounts
    swaybar

Phase 2
    diff
    lightweight battery
    exhaust
    seats

Phase 3
    short shifter
    paint

spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    If the main focus is STX, I'm guessing the M3 rear (subframe, diff, etc) with its 3.62 final drive would be the best option.
    Or Quaife ATB.
    Edit: Nevermind, after reading post above, the 14N changes the final drive. (2.93)

Sounds like an awesome plan you have there! Vorshlag could help you with the ASTs (sales + advice). That Jim B diff isn't cheap but I hear he's the best in the business.

I too am modding my car with the STX class in mind, though I'm not going full out just yet on buying every available mod allowed in the class. Sucks, because there are quite a few things I want to do but can't because it's not allowed.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I too am modding my car with the STX class in mind, though I'm not going full out just yet on buying every available mod allowed in the class. Sucks, because there are quite a few things I want to do but can't because it's not allowed.
    Yea, I hear you. I'd love to get a diff with a final drive of closer to 3.46 but can't because of the class. Pretty much all engine mods are out as well, which is a bummer. As far as suspension goes, though, it's pretty open, so if nothing else it will handle like a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by bcleaver View Post
    As far as suspension goes, though, it's pretty open, so if nothing else it will handle like a beast.
    That, my good sir, is worth its weight in gold. Much more valuable at auto-x to have a good suspension than to have all that power.
    The mods I would want to do all have to do with what would affect the daily driving experience (supercharger, rolled fenders, etc.) than auto-x, but if I do it for daily driving I can't just reverse it for competition. This suuuuuuuuuuucks...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That, my good sir, is worth its weight in gold. Much more valuable at auto-x to have a good suspension than to have all that power.
    The mods I would want to do all have to do with what would affect the daily driving experience (supercharger, rolled fenders, etc.) than auto-x, but if I do it for daily driving I can't just reverse it for competition. This suuuuuuuuuuucks...
    You can roll your fenders and still be stx legal. The supercharger....not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by bcleaver View Post
    You can roll your fenders and still be stx legal. The supercharger....not so much.
    No you can't. You can bend the inner lip of the fender, but you may not in any shape, way, or form modify the appearance of the fender physically. That is pretty much what I want to do to accommodate a more aggressive tire/wheel setup.

Section 14.2, Section E of the 2011 Solo rules state:

E. Fenders may not be cut or flared but the inside lip may be rolled to
    gain additional tire clearance. (The outer fender contour may not be
    changed.) Plastic and rubber wheel well splash shields may be modified
    for tire clearance and to accommodate a rolled inside fender lip.
    The modifications may serve no other purpose (e.g. air intake, brake
    ducts, etc). No other changes to the stock fenders or wheel wells are permitted.
    It is my understanding that you are referring to flaring (I call it rolling) the fender, correct?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast