Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FS: Netgear R8000 AC3200 Router

Thought I would put this here before eBay. Used but in perfect condition. Moving my office to my house so redoing everything with Ubiquiti products.

Includes box packing and accessories just like new.

$180 including ground shipping

2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Damn. I just bought mine for $300. I love this router.

GLWS.

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Thought I would put this here before eBay. Used but in perfect condition. Moving my office to my house so redoing everything with Ubiquiti products.

GLWS!

BTW, I'm loving my UAC-PRO. What products are you looking to get?

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    GLWS!

BTW, I'm loving my UAC-PRO. What products are you looking to get?
    I've been collecting and setting up over the past few weeks:

UniFi Security Gateway3P router
    UniFi Cloud-Key controller
    UniFi Switch 8 POW-150W
    3x UniFi AP-AC-PRO Access Points, one on each floor of the house
    1x UniFi AP-AC-LR Access Point in the garage (a firewall between garage and house blocks signal from basement)
    1x UniFi Phone-Executive

The AP's are overkill but 2 are coming over from my shop in addition to the two I already had here. My shop is in an industrial area and around there anything with a business address gets reamed for internet access, like starting at $200/mo reamed. Thankfully I have a friend that lives about a mile from there so I use a pair of PBE-5AC-300 dish's to share his home internet connection with me, works great!
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon

I've been collecting and setting up over the past few weeks:

UniFi Security Gateway3P router
    UniFi Cloud-Key controller
    UniFi Switch 8 POW-150W
    3x UniFi AP-AC-PRO Access Points, one on each floor of the house
    1x UniFi AP-AC-LR Access Point in the garage (a firewall between garage and house blocks signal from basement)
    1x UniFi Phone-Executive

The AP's are overkill but 2 are coming over from my shop in addition to the two I already had here. My shop is in an industrial area and around there anything with a business address gets reamed for internet access, like starting at $200/mo reamed. Thankfully I have a friend that lives about a mile from there so I use a pair of PBE-5AC-300 dish's to share his home internet connection with me, works great!
    Very nice! I would love to have that once I get around to moving some items.

I initially planned for in addition to my current AP-AC-Pro:

UniFi Security Gateway Router
    2x UniFi AP-AC-Pro (SO CHEAP for what it is!)
    2x UniFi Switch 8 Port

Originally I was looking into the USG or an ERL. The USG still seems to be lacking in the GUI department but the CLI options exist there because its essentially running EdgeOS underneath. I was waiting till USG roadmap fills up a few more features before I decide to replace my existing N66R at home as a router. Otherwise its ERL I go. It would be nice to have all the features on a uniform console so I will wait it out for a bit. I currently have a debian VM on my fileserver running Unifi Controller and it works great. It only has 1core/512MB and about 20GB of storage thinly provisioned with about 11G used. Logs are set to purge ever 180days.

But sorry for the side-track, its always nice to see someone else wanting enterprise products in their house.

This is more interesting than selling the router

I hate using the CLI but thankfully after some initial setup I haven't needed to use it. They have added static routes and the firewall to the GUI in the beta release. For my simple settings they work fine but for complex stuff it still might be buggy.

I wish I could have gotten the 16 port switch but those seem to be vaporware right now. The setup is coming out nicely as I can power the AP's from the switch and then I'm running one line to each of our three TV's where I have a Netgear POE powered switch going to the TV, TiVo, Fire TV... Much less wiring this way.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon

This is more interesting than selling the router

I hate using the CLI but thankfully after some initial setup I haven't needed to use it. They have added static routes and the firewall to the GUI in the beta release. For my simple settings they work fine but for complex stuff it still might be buggy.

I wish I could have gotten the 16 port switch but those seem to be vaporware right now. The setup is coming out nicely as I can power the AP's from the switch and then I'm running one line to each of our three TV's where I have a Netgear POE powered switch going to the TV, TiVo, Fire TV... Much less wiring this way.
    The beauty of the AC PRO WAPs is that they are 802.3at compatible and do not require the Unifi switch since they can use the standard 48V. I hate the stupid 24V passive PoE for their cameras and cheaper WAPs.

Currently, my ASUS N66R is running tomato and serving DHCP, DNS, static port forwards, and QoS management. If I can get the USG to have a gui for QOS management, I'll be happy.

One thing I'm still waiting for Ubiquiti to do properly is multi-channel 802.11r handoffs. It seems they all are required to be on the same channel which defeats the purpose of wireless density coverage.

I also just want a nice dashboard that is filled!!

Will,

EdgeOS has smartqueue management if you are interested. The CLI options are in USG too as well.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMA...0/ba-p/1287631

I'm using the smart queue on the USG, it's in the GUI, Configuration >> WAN. Once I start using the phone I'll find out how well it works but I have faith in them lol

My point about the simpler wiring is that with the POE switch I no longer need any of the POE injectors. On less connection Ethernet connection and one less thing that needs AC connection.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon

FOR: Netgear R8000 AC3200 Router

I'm using the smart queue on the USG, it's in the GUI, Configuration >> WAN. Once I start using the phone I'll find out how well it works but I have faith in them lol

My point about the simpler wiring is that with the POE switch I no longer need any of the POE injectors. On less connection Ethernet connection and one less thing that needs AC connection.
    I will have to pick your brain about the usg. I don't have one and interested in getting one. I wonder if the smart quee is layer2? I want a layer 7 firewall haha. With the inclusion of deep packet inspection, this will be one awesome product.

I love PoE for that very reason!

-Sent from a fancy smartphone

You'll be disappointed with how little I know. I'm figuring out how to get it to do what I need but that's it.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast