Crossmember:

I always wanted to do the TMS front subframe reinforcement kit but who want to pull the crossmember without a good reason?
In hindsight, the reinforcement is probably unnecessary since I'm still using rubber motor mounts but for $40, what the hell...

This is the area that gets reinforced

I had the motor mount ears media blasted for a clean welding surface

Then I welded in the reinforcement backing plate. This strengthens the actual mounting surface by doubling its thickness.

Next I welded in the additional ear support. The strengthens the whole ear and keeps it from twisting.

I was really disappointed with the quality of my welds but I was working with an under rated AC line and a constantly tripping breaker in the rental house. It made it impossible to get a good consistent bead. Oh well, it is what it is it still got pretty good penetration so it was off to the powder coater.

The finished product looks great!

Even the welds look better

One reason I went with powder coating is that my crossmember was starting to rust and pit pretty bad around the edges. The only way to remove that is media blast and as long as it there, might as well get it powder coated. It was only $75 for media blast and powder coat.

I got new Lemforder control arms and bushings from FCP. I had a can of clear wheel coating so I decided what the hell and spayed the control arms.

My old ones looked so nasty, maybe this will keep them nice for a while.

With the crossmember done it's time to move on to the headers....