Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I had a hell of a time getting the intake hose mated to the Dinan Air box. I had to cut off quite a bit
    And I had to cut it on an angle. It was a bitch getting that hose onto the idle control valve so there was no way I was going to take the whole hose off and on several times to get it to fit so I used hose clamps and an exacto knife with a new blade. It worked really well.

Brilliant! I wish I had thought of that. My cut wasn't very straight With the BMW Performance intake I had to cut it at a slight angle too in order for it to mate up properly.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    IDK, I've had a chance to open it up a couple of times. I definitely doesn't have the hit of the 135's turbos and her car still puts out over 100 more HP... It does have a lot more torque than stock and it comes on really early... Once I get the tune dialed in I'll definitely have to race her... just because
    If those AFR's are as rich as mine were out-of-the-box then it will really come alive when they get dialed in.

And once you get our tune dialed in and drive it a bit, you'll start looking into a smaller pulley, then maybe FI cams, then meth injection, etc
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

oh gawd, I hope not... ok well maybe an 83mm pulley...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    Brilliant! I wish I had thought of that. My cut wasn't very straight With the BMW Performance intake I had to cut it at a slight angle too in order for it to mate up properly.
    I remember you saying how hard it was to cut it strait and square and just started thinking about what I could use...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Man, I am going to need to buy a Supercharger to get over the trauma caused by this oil pan gasket..... Worst thing I have ever done on a vehicle and I've worked on everything from a 1952 Jeep M38A1 to a 2014 Subaru BRZ.

I certainly would be a lot more motivated to finish this if I had boost on start up :D

Installing the TS2 is just as much if not more work than the oil pan gasket but at least you're not laying under the car for long periods of time... and the end result is a little more satisfying
    H&R sport springs,

I was not too annoyed with the oil pan gasket. It goes back together alot faster then removing all the stuff to get to it. And at the end, no more leaks.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I didn't think it was that bad either...
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I was not too annoyed with the oil pan gasket. It goes back together alot faster then removing all the stuff to get to it. And at the end, no more leaks.
    But you DIY eeeeeeeeverything so it would take more than that to phase you.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    But you DIY eeeeeeeeverything so it would take more than that to phase you.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    If i was not able to DIY, i would be probably be driving a manual tsx.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast