Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    He's in Charleston SC, about as close to sea level as one can get ! Hope the tuner can get more power!!

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

15% drivetrain loss on 335hp = about 285whp.

But that's for a stock ZHP, and sockethead has some mods that should add more power.

The 89 degree heat didn't help, but I think his boost seems low. I think it should be 9 to 10 psi when measured before the intercooler cores.

I wonder if that exhaust leak is contributing in some way
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Hmm, 89 degrees is higher than desired but not really high heat. the exhaust leak is def robbing power. I also think there needs to be more tuning to be done.

They call this part of SC "The Low Country" we're at sea level.
    I haven't been here that long but it's been in the high 80s and 90s since June. We had a lot of days right around 100 this summer.
    The exhaust leak sounds like just 1 cylinder. I'm not looking forward to fixing that.
    I sent all the data logs and dyno results to ESS. We'll see what they come back with. They are in Norway so there's a pretty big time difference. I'm not driving the car until I get the header leak fixed.
    I'm hoping I can get it all sorted out before the meet so you guys that are going can see it and test drive it at its full potential...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Well hope it all works out.

Headers seem like a bear on this car. Going to be doing that to my car soon :D

Yea they are a bitch...at least the bimmerbrakes Gen3 headers. Other ones that don't twist all over the place will be easier.
    IMO they are really worth it. As I keep saying, they make a huge, very noticeable difference in torque...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Well, it looks like they gave me the wrong injectors... the tune is calibrated for "the red injectors" and I got white. I also found out that they didn't wipe the Dinan tune with the modified OEM file from Terraphantm. They installed their calibration on top of the Dinan file which I'm not too happy about but the dyno run looked pretty good albeit down on power from where I thought it should be. They are overnighting the injectors. I haven't had a chance to check for the exhaust leak yet I have to get another dyno run in after the injectors are installed... this is getting expensive at $85 for the dyno. We shall see if I can get it sorted out before the meet...
    H&R sport springs,

Hopefully those two issues are the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Hopefully those two issues are the culprit.
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I found the leak in the front header. Nothing wrong with the gasket. Looks like they tacked the pipes together for welding during production and the tack weld fully penetrated the pipe then broke out once they've been run on the car for a while. I used a mirror to take the picture. You can clearly see the hole in the middle of it

I'm not too happy about because I'm going to have to pull the header out of there which is going to be a huge PITA. I have to take out the engine mount, etc plus buy a new gasket which is like $36
    H&R sport springs,

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast