Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    looking good dude, glad you've tapped into the local car network there, that can make a big difference.

Best of luck on that header. It should go ok now that you've done that job before. If you removed that SAP you'll have more room from up top too.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

It's frustrating having to deal with the header on top of trying to get the tune sorted out...

You know, every shop I've been in down here has had incredible cars from every discipline but I never see them on the road. I have to find out where they are all hanging out.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    It's frustrating having to deal with the header on top of trying to get the tune sorted out...

You know, every shop I've been in down here has had incredible cars from every discipline but I never see them on the road. I have to find out where they are all hanging out.
    Dude same in my area! I just found a BMW specialty shop / race team a block from my work. They have a E46 M3 that they moved the motor rearwards by 10"s and put a dry sump where the passenger use to sit. I've never see any BMWs by my work ever. HillBank (Mustang guys) are right around the corner, but you see and hear their cars all the time.

Hope the header works out.

Thanks, the headers will work out. It's all the labor that I'm not looking forward to.

I can't believe I'm here again...

Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

It's out.

I hope they can plug weld that without joining the pipes together again...
    H&R sport springs,

It's out.

I hope they can plug weld that without joining the pipes together again...
    Well that's a problem right there!

Why / what caused the hole??

Thanks, the headers will work out. It's all the labor that I'm not looking forward to.

I can't believe I'm here again...

Wait, you have to remove motor mounts to get the header out?!? That red bar is awfully familiar (Just did my oil pan gasket)

Yep, I had to remove the right motor mount bracket to slide the header out. At least it was the front one so I can leave the rear one in place. It wasn't too bad getting it off...

The hole is because they tack welded the two pipes together during assembly and didn't grind it out later. I saw that when I went to put them in wondering if it would end up being an issue....it didn't look like it really penetrated the pipe but it did. You can't have a weld like that between the pipes, too much movement and vibration
    H&R sport springs,

Yep, I had to remove the right motor mount bracket to slide the header out. At least it was the front one so I can leave the rear one in place. It wasn't too bad getting it off...

The hole is because they tack welded the two pipes together during assembly and didn't grind it out later. I saw that when I went to put them in wondering if it would end up being an issue....it didn't look like it really penetrated the pipe but it did. You can't have a weld like that between the pipes, too much movement and vibration
    Movement, vibration, AND heat. That leads to broken parts. Did you buy the headers used or new? I would shoot an email to BimmerBrakes and be like yo, this aint good.

I was going to pick up some headers, but seems like a lot of work to get them in. PLus I gotta worry about SMOG at the moment. I think I need all new O2 sensors.

Can the )2 sensors be accessed with having to remove headers?

that sucks, rob. but, i feel like we get dealt things we can handle. and you're a guy who can handle this! so i hope everything comes around for ya in the end! the car will be much sweeter when it's all sorted out.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast