Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Oh no! What next?

More tuning...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Based on the previous vs new graph, you were better off with the white injectors. At least the car was not running lean all across the board.

Car is begging for more fuel

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Yea, Lets see what they say about that...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

The it was supposed to be just an oil pan gasket project

Not much progress on the car. I haven't really touched it since hurricane Matthew. AJ at ESS insisted that they install their full tune instead of the Frankenstein tune they did on top of the Dinan tune so I lost the warm up lights on the M3 cluster. When I started the car the CEL came on. They forgot to code out the SAP. Got that fixed but I just haven't had the time or motivation lately to test the car: I have to either spend another $85 for a dyno run or do a run on the highway in fourth or fifth gear and run my datalogger to get the AFR. I really don't want to do 100+ on the highway to get the proper load on the motor.
    Also I've been trying to track down a weird noise the supercharger is making on cold startup. No one can figure it out. I've listened extensively with a stethoscope but the noise seems to be in the entire intake track from the throttle body to the supercharger scroll housing. Hans offered to send me anther unit but I need to be sure that the SC is source of the noise before I swap it out. It doesn't seem to be affecting the performance but it makes my car sound like a POS. Hopefully I'll get a chance to work on it this weekend.

H&R sport springs,

The it was supposed to be just an oil pan gasket project

I finally have an update. After working with AJ at ESS we've finally gotten the AFR close to were it should be. Although I'd like to see it a little richer below 5000 RPMs and a little more timing advance. For the first time since I installed it. The car finally feels like it has a supercharger on it.

Getting AJ at ESS to read my data log spreadsheet and follow what I'm trying to tell him has been a very frustrating process. He wants a dyno run with AFR for every little change and seems to be too set in his ways to think outside the box... Multiple dyno runs are too damn expensive at $100 a shot. I can collect so much more useful data than just a HP rating and an AFR out the tailpipe than a Dynograph can give.
    H&R sport springs,

Maybe worth considering a wideband o2 sensor that can datalog data? Then send that data to them?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

The problem isn't the data, the problem is getting him to read all the data I'm sending him and tune accordingly. Both Ryan and I are beginning to think that they don't really know how to tune an MS45

If you look closely at the image of the spreadsheet I posted, you can see the name at the top of each column... This is about an 1/8 of the data I can collect from the DME using the datalogger.
    H&R sport springs,

The latest tune is getting close! The car is much more responsive. When I nail the gas in first gear and have the tires break loose... This is with a 3.15 LSD, pretty impressive. Low speed power slides around turns is possible with a blip of the throttle. The tune still needs more work, still running lean in the lower RPMs and the timing is all over the place as seen in the second graph in the pic below. I have another update from AJ but I won't be able to test until next week as the wife is out of town, so the twins come first.

H&R sport springs,

Must be really frustrating that it's taking so long, but glad you are getting closer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast