Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    sorry to hear about your back issues, rob. any idea what caused it? i assume it's lower back pain? nice that you can sit/drive/wheelchair without pain. at least you've got some relief.

back pain sucks. hope you're up and around soon!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Nice update Rob, but sorry to hear about the back problems

A leak between the compressor and the motor would cause low boost readings and a rich condition.

A leak between the MAF and the compressor would cause a lean condition but boost would be on-par.

Could the whipple compress differently from the Lysholm, and maybe should have a smaller pulley to reach the same levels of boost?

Puzzling facts:
    You're still on the lean side of things
    You have low boost

Those two things are like opposite ends of the spectrum. If you are lean I'd expect too much boost, but you have low boost. If you have low boost I'd expect you to be running rich, but you're still leaning lean.

That all assumes the tune is dialed in right too. I wish I knew what AJ was up to when he adjusts our tunes. My car got really rich when I added the M3 fuel pump, and AJ had to keep making adjustments to lean out my tune to compensate. In your case, its the opposite, you're real lean and AJ has to keep adding fuel.

I'm very disappointed in ESS' tunes for the MS45. I'm sure they dyno tuned the hell out of their MS43 tune but I truly believe they then thought they could just map it over to the MS45, not realizing the MS45 is a much advanced DME. And from what I gather tuning the MS45 requires different strategies compared to the MS43. Personally I feel my throttle is too sensitive (its ON/OFF which makes it hard to be precise with the throttle when hooning around). I'm so ready to go get a custom dyno tune from TTFS or Nick G. I think the hardware in these kits is great, but at this point I feel the tuning sucks.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

The it was supposed to be just an oil pan gasket project

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    Yeah, that's the right attitude. But, I have to ask, what wheels are on that chair and what is the offset? They are bitchin'!

Well I had to adjust them. They had a little too much negative camber and it was pulling to the right
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I hate the way TappaTalk doesn't always update the individual threads... I missed all the posts after Mr. Laslo....

Peter you're going to laugh... it all started when I tried to intercept a sandwich one of the twins was throwing on the floor. I pulled a muscle on the right side between my back and butt. It just went downhill after that.
    I think it's the sacroiliac joint in the hip as my symptoms are different than a bulged disk even though the MRI shows a slight bulge. I've had disk problems before and this doesn't feel the same. In PT, my symptoms weren't getting any better with traditional spine therapy and my pain patterns weren't like that of a spine injury. She switched to therapy for the Si joint and that has helped after one session... keeping my fingers crossed that I will be out of the wheelchair in the next few weeks.

Ryan, I just haven't had a chance to get in there and really look. It's weird that I've always been running lean. I wonder if the belt is slipping? I used the same belt for the 83mm that I used for the 85mm pulley. I figured it wouldn't be that much of a difference but I was getting 9.5lbs of boost with the 85mm...

I agree with you as far as AJ goes. He is a man of few words... Last tune I asked him not to touch the timing, just give me more fuel to see if that stabilizes the timing. I haven't checked side by side yet but I swear it's got less timing on this tune
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I'm going to smoke test the car this weekend. Shawn was nice enough to bring along his smoker on his trip to Charleston for family matters. Hopefully he'll have enough time to take my car for a spin when we meet up. he's got a pretty full schedule....

My back is much better. I haven't used the wheel chair in a week. I'm still in a lot of pain but it's manageable so I'm going to start working on the car again.. yay!

I was quite embarrassed yesterday when this guy in a riced up Civic wanted to race at a traffic light... when I shifted into 2nd, the car fell flat on its face due to DSC kicking and killing the throttle. They guy pulled ahead of me for a bit until the throttle came back on then I easily walked away from him. He gave me the righteous nod that he had been beat but I have to do the M3 programming to stop that annoying DSC behavior.
    H&R sport springs,

Going to cars and coffee with the boys. They are so excited!
    H&R sport springs,

Cute kids. They sure are getting big! My daughter turned 6 on Thursday.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

+1. That seat would look very nice on my IR/black. My boy turned 6 y/o seven weeks ago.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Great seeing you today Rob and I enjoyed experiencing your increased HP! Car looks and drive amazing.

Thanks Shawn, good seeing too. You car is sweet. Can't wait to use the smoker and put the intake track leak question to rest.
    H&R sport springs,

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast