Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I did notice that the heat exchanger is about 1/4' too far to the left looking at the front of the car. This is bugging the crap out of me so I gotta get in there and fix that.
    OCD FTW.

Tis a very nice car tho
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Nice work Rob! Car is looking great. That intercooler looks awesome behind that front lower grill.

I'm so glad you were able to get it out and drive it.

I'd love to hear how it sounds with that Vibrant muffler. I think the magnaflow cat-back performs the best of just about any out there, even with that "squeeze" down to a single 2.25" outlet at the end of their muffler. I think that little joint is what causes some people to have that whistling problem too. I had considered trying to find a way to replace that rear muffler many times. I really am interested to hear how it works out for you

I removed my catch can and swapped to the M56 valve cover a while ago, I got tired of having to remember to empty the can. I kept the catch can for a couple weeks after install in the M56 valve cover and had barely anything in there, so I considered it good and pulled the catch can at that point. Others have had mixed results with the M56 cover, but then they are often trying to solve different problems too. There's a huge thread on it on e46f.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Haven’t updated here in a while... got a few things taken care of:

Got the restrictive single outlet muffler cut off and a Borla 2.5” dual in/out muller welded on. John at Nth Degree was able to salvage the tips from the Magnaflow muffler. The car is louder now but it flows much better.
    Problem is, and this is surprising , on the dyno, I lost 2lbs of boost and 20 hp by swapping out the muffler.
    I order 2 new pulleys. I was running an 83 mm. Got an 81 mm and a 79 mm .still waiting for the 79 to finish production but with the 81mm it feels like I got all that boost back.
    I raced Kristen in the old M2 from a 50 mph roll and we were dead even. That felt pretty good.
    Once the 79mm pulley arrives I’ll get it back on the dyno and see where the HP and AFR are and go from there
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Hmm, wonder why the power drop.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Hmm, wonder why the power drop.
    The only thing I changed was the muffler so I’m assuming it was the back pressure. I haven’t put much mileage on it since the last dyno and it was at least 15° colder when I did this dyno run.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I wonder how the muffler/back pressure would reduce boost... You've got a supercharger, not a turbo, right? Maybe there's enough overlap in the exaust/intake timing that the back pressure affected it.
    -Chris

There is an ongoing debate on the forums about superchargers and back pressure... it will make you eyes bleed.
    I got less back pressure and less HP when I removed the the restrictive muffler but the with pulley change, the car is definitely stronger than it was before I swapped out the muffler
    If the 79mm pulley ever shows up, I’ll have some dyno numbers to back that up.
    The supercharger has definitely been a learning experience.
    H&R sport springs,

The it was supposed to be just an oil pan gasket project

New wheels and Michelin s4..
    The tires made a huge difference compared to the mismatched Hankooks.

I’m hating the new wheels though.
    I’m probably going turn right around and sell them after getting the CSL replicas powder coated. Probably high gloss black or maybe black chrome
    Last edited by Sockethead; 05-13-2019 at 05:29 AM.
    H&R sport springs,

^ Says new wheels but posts no pics or a description of what they are.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I dislike them so much, I didn't even take any pictures of them.
    H&R sport springs,

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast