Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Good carpet cleaning machine?

I want to clean the carpets in my car. Back when I was a kid, my dad had a Thermax hot-water extraction machine. It was awesome. You could take a car with filthy carpet, and in a hour or two of hard work, have the carpet looking almost new again.

It was awesome, but the commercial machines are expensive and large, so not practical for home use. I want something usable at home. I don't want to spend $500, though.

Has anybody bought a machine like the Bissell SpotClean?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZBIRDQ

The old one didn't have a heater, so you had to put hot tap water in it, but the new one says it heats the water. I think that's one of the keys of carpet cleaning effectiveness. I'm intrigued by the star ratings, and the fact that it's so damn cheap.

Anybody have one of these things and used it on a car?

Thanks!

SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

I went to the grocery store and rented a Rugdoctor with the hand tool...worked well enough on a 16 year old truck. Couldn't go all out, but definitely smelled clean when I was done and everything looks good.

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ml#post2398328

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Wow, the 4 Runner looks awesome!

Yeah, renting was the other option... I just thought... $30 for a single day, or $100 once and have a machine around the house anytime I want one, including when the dog pees on the carpet because we came home late or when my wife spills some soda or coffee on the tan carpet in her X3.

SC
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    Wow, the 4 Runner looks awesome!

Yeah, renting was the other option... I just thought... $30 for a single day, or $100 once and have a machine around the house anytime I want one, including when the dog pees on the carpet because we came home late or when my wife spills some soda or coffee on the tan carpet in her X3.

SC
    Thanks man! She's come a long way if you go through that thread...

And yeah, that was my first thought when I saw that link. Seems like it makes sense? Houses I live in or would clean have hardwood and tile so other than a couple of rugs which I did for my Dad after the truck, I didn't think I'd be using one for awhile so renting seemed like the right choice.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Thanks man! She's come a long way if you go through that thread...

And yeah, that was my first thought when I saw that link. Seems like it makes sense? Houses I live in or would clean have hardwood and tile so other than a couple of rugs which I did for my Dad after the truck, I didn't think I'd be using one for awhile so renting seemed like the right choice.
    Totally makes sense for you to just rent. I on the other hand, have three cars, a house with a bunch of carpet, two kids, and a dog. It'll be worth it just for the rare dog pee spot that isn't really cleaned up very well any other way.

I just ordered it. With smokin' deal Prime Day discount, it was only $80. Obviously, I'd still need to rent a big machine if I want to do a whole room, but this way I can do all three cars whenever I want, and take care of any stains or spots. I think I'll try doing the stairs, too.

I'll update the thread when I do the car.

Cheers,
    SC

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    I'll update the thread when I do the car.
    Sweet!! Looking forward to it. A few people at a local C&C saw my car on Sunday and asked about my detailing services...might need to get one of these things afterall if I start doing more cars.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    Sold:

I bought a Durrmaid 1600 5 years ago. it's awesome, use to use it all the time. it's more than the 500, but its a good investment, amd you can make money with it. I do my neighbors cars when they need it done. It's paid for its self.