Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Squeaks/creaks from my passenger side rear wheel/suspension

Folks,

I have had this squeaking for the past few weeks from my passenger side rear suspension. At first I suspected it is the shocks, since they were leaking pretty bad. But they were just replaced under warranty and the squeaks continue (and drive me nuts).

Shop guy says it is because my ball joints are worn out. Would any of you be able to confirm this?

My sister riding shotgun took this video to capture the noise. Sorry for all the wind noise

anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Just a guess but have you checked the rear sway bar end links?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Just a guess but have you checked the rear sway bar end links?

Thanks San. The shop had initially suspected it could be the sway bar bushings/end-links but while they were replacing the shocks (under warranty) they determined the ball joints to be the actual problem.

Is there a way to check the rear sway bar end-links? Are the rear end-links a PM item? Mind you, the noise seems to come only from the passenger side.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

I believe it is a PM item, someone correct me if I am wrong...
    I don't think visual checks will help... this may be a stupid idea but can you disconnect the end links from the rear control arms and go for a drive? Basically relieve all the tension on the anti roll bar and the end links... dont have to remove the entire bar just disconnect the end links... I'm not sure but I don't think it should cause any issues apart from the car rolling a lot more if you drive around the block with the end links disconnected...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |