Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerteknik View Post

Apex SM-10 18x8.5 et35

These came in today. Installed with a set of wheel studs. Tires are stock figment rear 255’s rub a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey bimmerteknik,

Was looking at the second pic and noticed how the center was wearing far worst than the sides (guessing those are rears)
    Have you noticed that with just those continentals or does it happen with all brands.

I only ask because my current DWS continental rears are worn like that as well, they are almost smooth in the middle 3-4 inches. It’s not over pressure cause I’ve checked multiple times. I’m running lower PSI on the rear to try to counter act that mechanism that’s driving that wear pattern.

If anybody has input as well, I would be interested to hear it.

Thanks

I too played with pressures. Even at the track I was as low as 31psi hot and still it wears the center more. These tires seem to have a very soft sidewall. Maybe that has something to do with it. They were still pretty impressive tires. Maybe the new Continental extreme contact sport will wear more evenly.

Yeah I hear ya. These are how mine look at the moment. (I need new tires). Lol

Yeah those DWS wear the same way on X5s which are notorious for inside edge wear at the rear.

I'm just looking at your wheels again on a full size screen instead of my phone.... Damn! They look exceptionally good on your car!
    Last edited by Sockethead; 11-17-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerteknik View Post
    I too played with pressures. Even at the track I was as low as 31psi hot and still it wears the center more. These tires seem to have a very soft sidewall. Maybe that has something to do with it. They were still pretty impressive tires. Maybe the new Continental extreme contact sport will wear more evenly.

Soft sidewall is the case with the Conti DWS and the Conti DW. I had both of these tires in the past and had a similar wear patter on the rear tires ( stock size )

The center of the tire would wear out faster then the outside. I had tried different tire pressures as well thinking it was a tire pressure issue.

However I am now using the new Conti Extreme Contact Sport ( stock size ) with roughly 16,000 miles on them and they are wearing evenly.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I think somebody mentioned once that the wear could be due to 255s being big for 8.5 rims. Is it better on the fronts?

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I think somebody mentioned once that the wear could be due to 255s being big for 8.5 rims. Is it better on the fronts?
    This is possible as well since a 255 section width tire is right on the recommended width of a 8.5" wheel. It would be a better fit if it was a 9" wheel.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Great looking wheels!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    In my case, yes. The fronts wear evenly. I also have conti DWS on rears and DW on fronts.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast