Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

James' TiAg daily

Pretty excited about these!

Should hold me down a bit better at NCCAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bimmerteknik; 07-26-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerteknik View Post
    Went in this morning to replace both rear window regulators and decided to spray the lower grille and fog surrounds. To spray the grille I released all the tabs and pressed it toward the rear, then as seen in the pics taped off the bumper.

My grill is faded on my silbrgrau. What did they look like new? Black?

Quote Originally Posted by droman81 View Post
    My grill is faded on my silbrgrau. What did they look like new? Black?

Yup, black from the factory...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

James' TiAg daily

Installed the used sprint booster v2 for testing before wiring to the sport button.

IDK why some e46 guys don't like these things... pretty awesome in my opinion.

I am however tempted to scope throttle input and actual position on all 3 settings, feel free to link it if such a thing has already been posted.

Not sure what you mean by that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerteknik View Post
    IDK why some e46 guys don't like these things... pretty awesome in my opinion.
    I think I can answer this, as someone who really dislikes it.

I find it near impossible to drive the car smoothly with the Sprint Booster. It doesn't do a good job of providing an appropriate level of throttle response when barely touching the accelerator, and instead provides way too much output. In a Sprint Booster car, the only throttle positions seem to be on or off.

It needs to be able to sense whether the driving style being employed is aggressive or not so it can better react to the driving situation at hand, which it does not do. As a result, you have to finesse the throttle way too much to get a smooth start at anything less than an aggressive launch.

Ultimately, anything the Sprint booster does you can do with the stock pedal settings: add more throttle. If anything, the stock settings provide better control due to the larger usable range of input.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I LOVE my SB, but to each his/her own. The new ones are way more customizable.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I LOVE my SB, but to each his/her own. The new ones are way more customizable.

+1
    I never had any of the issues that BP was referring to. Maybe he had a bad one? I had no problem rev matching or anything else with mine
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    +1
    I never had any of the issues that BP was referring to. Maybe he had a bad one? I had no problem rev matching or anything else with mine
    I find it unlikely that the three cars I drove that had them all had defective units.

I never owned one. I do have a PedalBox, which behaves a little better, but has the same fundamental problem, which is why it's disabled all the time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Bruh how you liking that leather wheel wrap compared to the Alcantara?

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast