Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    The twin screw its self it pretty massive and the manifolds before and after the blower are cast aluminum.
    The box the whole kit came in was 90 lbs so I guesstimated 20lbs for the box, water pump heat exchanger small parts, etc.

I felt like I lost one of my nuts by the time I got that thing bolted in
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerteknik View Post
    Yeah I’m holding on to the shred of hope that a used ESS kit will come up for sale.

Probably gonna do a lightweight flywheel in the next year on the ZHP.
    I'm still on the fence of whether it's worth all the $$ and aggravation. Still having idling and drivability issues
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm still on the fence of whether it's worth all the $$ and aggravation. Still having idling and drivability issues

Wow I didn’t realize that. Are you trying to run their shelf tune and adjust via email or is it a local dyno tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's their off the shelf tune that they've been emailing updates for... Been through 6 tunes already... And initially, they sent me the wrong injectors

I don't think they are very good at tuning the MS45 especially if you have any mods at all

Problems I'm having is idle, off idle and any time I try to rev match. Sometimes it will seem like it's going to die when stop quickly say, for a yellow light
    Also, AJ is very difficult to work with if you ask for anything out of his range of thinking. For instance, it took me a while to convince him that my data logging and AFR was just as accurate as running the car on the dyno... If I dyno'd the car for every tune he sent, I'd be out of about $700 so far, he doesn't seem to take that into consideration.
    Also since around the third tune, I get a check engine light and the code is 0x0000. Took it to the wife's dealership so they could hook it up their diagnostic since my diagnostic laptop is down but couldn't come up with anything

The whole experience has been very frustrating. I got the kit in the first place because I don't have a lot of time to work on the car while raising my twin boys and kit was supposed to be pretty much plug and play.

Sorry for the rant...
    H&R sport springs,

Installed a 5th belt or anti sun belt to go along with the Schroth quickfit pro setup.

Removed seat, welded 1/2 a chain link to the rear seat base frame, hit it with some black rust preventer, routed the sub belt, de-seamed the thigh support at the seat. Voila!!!

They worked great at the HPDE on Saturday at NCCAR.

And this is them between events

James, this might be a stupid question but do you do anything to your ordinary 3pt. belt when you’re using the Schroth, or do you just let it flap about against the B pillar? I just picked one up to hopefully keep my small frame planted in the seats better, but I suspect hearing that thing rattling in my ear at 120 would drive me nuts.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    James, this might be a stupid question but do you do anything to your ordinary 3pt. belt when you’re using the Schroth, or do you just let it flap about against the B pillar? I just picked one up to hopefully keep my small frame planted in the seats better, but I suspect hearing that thing rattling in my ear at 120 would drive me nuts.
    I pull it to the back seat and run the outer belt through it. It gets it off the pillar that way. The buckle slapping around drove me crazy at the first event with them.

I pull it to the back seat and run the outer belt through it. It gets it off the pillar that way. The buckle slapping around drove me crazy at the first event with them.

Awesome, that’s exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks, and great progress on the E36!

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awesome, that’s exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks, and great progress on the E36!
    Thanks Hoping to do a DE with it by the end of the year.

Did you do driver and passenger harness? Every club I’ve ran with requires equal restraint for the instructor (assuming you haven’t solo’d yet) .

Thanks Hoping to do a DE with it by the end of the year.

Did you do driver and passenger harness? Every club I’ve ran with requires equal restraint for the instructor (assuming you haven’t solo’d yet) .
    I’d been waiting for a good price to pop up on the passenger side, but I might just bite the bullet to make sure it comes in before my DE in 2 weeks.

Hopefully your E36 is ready in time for the fall charity laps. My car is pretty much all sorted out now, so I might actually be able to keep up!

I’d been waiting for a good price to pop up on the passenger side, but I might just bite the bullet to make sure it comes in before my DE in 2 weeks.

Hopefully your E36 is ready in time for the fall charity laps. My car is pretty much all sorted out now, so I might actually be able to keep up!
    I found mine as a used set on eBay.

And yes, charity laps at the very least. We’ll have to group up in the paddock, I’m sure there will be a few BMW from the raleigh area.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast