Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I can't re-pair my phone

I have bluetooth phone for hands-free calls, present as buttons on my steering wheel; there are no controls on the ceiling. I successfully paired to my previous iPhone 6S for calls but have lost the pair since Apple replaced the iPhone. I can't figure out how to get the thing to pair. There's a booklet* in the document's package that purports to help with this, but nothing there seems to work. I also have a sheet** with bluetooth pairing data (the number to use, the ESN, stuff like that).

I've been searching here but can't find info for this. How do I reconnect?

Thanks...

* Owner's Manual for full preparation package mobile phone
    ** Bluetooth Passkey PK
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

I had a hell of a time doing this in the X5 a few years back (same generation of electronics) There is a sequence to it. If you don't get it exactly, it won't work. I went to the dealer and watched they guy do the exact same thing I was doing but it paired for him.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Do you have the SOS mirror? I believe there's no pairing button for that. You just hold the voice key down and it says pairing on the radio, then you just find it and connect to it.

I usually just do it in PA Soft lol way faster. And you can change the car's name to whatever you want, and the passkey to whatever you want lol

I'm not sure what the SOS mirror is. I have one which can control garage doors, autodims and compass. I installed it after I had paired to the last phone, come to think of it.

It's the one you use to call BMW roadside.

But yeah, I think all you do is just hold down the voice button and then radio will just saying it's pairing. Then you do everything on your phone including entering the passcode (which I hope you remember lol).

Nothing happens when I do that. I do have the code on one of the cards I mentioned in my initial post here.

Does it matter which mode the radio (Business CD) is set to? FM? Aux? etc...

From what I remember, Bluetooth starts discovery mode when you turn to ACC2 for 30seconds. You should be able to find the module on your phone in that timeframe and pair it.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    From what I remember, Bluetooth starts discovery mode when you turn to ACC2 for 30seconds. You should be able to find the module on your phone in that timeframe and pair it.
    That didn't do anything. I think it only shows up if you have a phone paired to it. But it doesn't let you pair unless you go through the pairing process.

Ok I just went outside to try it. You just press the "R/T" button. The radio will say "Phone Activate". Then you just search for it on your phone and click on the car, enter PIN and you're done.

I forgot my PIN so I couldn't connect lol But I assume that once you enter it, you're good to go.

Assuming you mean radio in the strict sense the display doesn't change at all for me. I just get the identifying information for the radio station. It did show REG OFF on power-up.

(iPhone 6s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast